IntoThe BadLands, Season 1 now on Netflix, Damn this is good!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by transmaster, Mar 11, 2017.

1. transmaster

transmaster AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have heard about how good "Into The Badlands" is but I have never had a chance to see it. I have just finished with season one on Netflix. This is the just about best post-apocalyptic themed show I have ever watched on televsion. I have watched Kung Fu movies out of China for many years the action shots and the wire work in Badlands is very good. While there is plenty of martial arts action the actual series feels more like a Korean/Japanese action TV series. The story arc itself is nothing new but they way they have interpreted it is absolutely first rate. I did something that I normally don't do I purchased a subscription to season 2 which starts March the 19th.

As for the fantastic motorcycle ridden by Sunny (Daniel Wu) it is based on the Excelsior-Henderson Super X. This bike was manufactured by the Excelsior-Henderson Co located in Minnesota. It was an attempt to recreate the marque in the 1990's but sadly the badly managed company faded into bankruptcy in 1999.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    soundmotor likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

I started it over the weekend and stopped until my wife freed up. If you aren't grabbed within ~4 minutes of the first ep stop watching, it isn't for you.

It's definitely for my wife & I. The ep2 fight in the turbine station, great. The martial arts are both epic and laugh out loud comical. Totally fine w/ that.

3. transmaster

When you have watched as many Hong Kong Kung Fu movies as I have you recognize the style of choreography. It was like watching a well know ballet.

4. frahengeo

frahengeo AK Subscriber Subscriber

This show did not appeal to me, but may be worth another look.

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft Super Member

I dug it. Watched when it aired. Season 2 is about to start.

soundmotor likes this.
  6. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Our late to the party viewing on this one paid off. We just finished up w/ S1 and look forward to the weekend.

7. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

Just started watching the first 2 seasons. Late to the party. A modern take on the kung fu movies I grew up with with a great story. On season 3 now. Didn’t see that coming lol

8. mcyuke

mcyuke AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have not started season 3 yet, I am holding out until I can sit down and watch them all in a sitting or two.

transmaster likes this.
  9. reggaenaut

reggaenaut Addicted Member

I should inform my daughter about this she likes that kind of stuff.

10. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

Game of Thrones - Kung Fu Edition ...

11. transmaster

I love the final scene in S2E10 when Bajie (Nick Frost) sends a message from an old coastal com center in morse code.

"All Hope is lost send help".