Introduction/Goraman

goraman

I really don't get why theres not a easy clean white feild for interductions so I'll make my own, being the computer wiz that I am,NOT!
When I was a kid all I cared about was listening to music,I carried a small purple radio shack transister radio to grade school and every where I went.Songs like (Thats the way I like it uh huh!) and kung fu fighting with fists as fast as lightnig ! abra kadabra! reached out and grabed me on the old tube Admaril radio.KROY,KROI and KZAP where the big 3 in the sacremento area and late at night Wolfman Jack would creep in from Mexico and later L.A.My father later let me move the old RCA tube stereo am/fm stereo LP.console into my room.a tube systum at 20 watts per chanel with tweeters and 2 big Alinco 12 inch full range speakers.I was so happy and so was my dad as he could watch t.v. in peace .I went to yard sales with my alowance .wasent much then .50 a week,and bought used records a guy at 9 or 10 years old could get 2 or 3 used records for a half doller back then Jimmi Hendricks and Led Zepplin the kinks.so I built my colection to 5 crates of clean l.p.'s and soon I had moved up to a Kenwood I think TK-88 solid state reciver and 2 KLH modle 5 speakers with a Realistic reel to reel and a BIC record changer ok not real aoudio phile but for a kid with a lawn mower it was pretty cool ok.and I was only 12. By 13 my parents bought me the best boom box money could get you in the early 80"s a Panisonic 5150 with ambiance .this was before cd.s and every one of my freinds wanted one .by 1984 my first credit was at Macy's I got a new Fisher systume studio standerd 12 inch speakers ,100 wats X2 amp ,digital tuner and casete deck and a direct drive turn table with my $90.00 Audio Tech. cartage.I was in heaven till I got it home .then I went back to the old modle 5 speakers and soon the tuner went bad it started to reject fm stereo and liked mono.The old kenwwod sounded better but the tuntable and casset player was better so I was out $1000.00 for a crappy stereo and have hated fisher ever since . alot of money for a kid pumping gasback then.so that leads us to now I have a Music hall MMf7 turntable with the gold ring exotica H a ring mat ,sitting on a 3rd plinth of 11/2 inch thick solid granite. a furniture works rack ,a Moded Bellari tube amp.with a tube weight over a tung sol 12AX7.tuner is a mint or near mint Sansui TU- 517 bought new in box with rack handles and all.a used Pioneer Spec 1 ans sSped 2 a Music hall cd25.2 a PD 609 cd recorder a Delhi XM reciver and 2 very modified Yamaha A200XT speakers with vifa ring radiator tweeters ,solon caps and lots of other stuff. all Interconectes are White Zombie audio .pure silver single ended with LOC's ,speaker cables are 6 AWG mil spec silver plated high strand count copper wire in teflon and carbon sleeved with 3X silver plated over 90% copper banana plugs shrink wrapped .THey look good too.Grado labs SR 80" and SR 125's headphones and 6,000 mint to near mint records and at least 1000 cd's .sorry no mp3 's here .I love 60's 70's rock 80's punk and some new wave Miles Davis ,Tom Waites ,Blues,and Jazz .I am not a tube rolling single ended triode geek as of yet.I don't own Audio Note anything but like it alot.I am a custodian at a grade school and my wife is from Pakistan where we married in can you belive it a Catholic church in Islamabad.My life is not boreing and I like to travel to odd places when I can,My condo is 1,36 sq.ft. so music is a big part of our small home.I like talking to people who love music and playing it on good equiptment ,and so far I like every one on this sight very much .My sense of humer can be dry but I'm never disrespectful. thanks if you took the time to read this ,Jeff Harper AKA GORAMAN

Back
Top Bottom