iOS 10.3.1 is out.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This is another security update. All I know about it is it closes a WiFi exploit that allowed code to be executed on an iOS device if the hacker is in range of your device.

It may also have fixed a 10.3 bug that caused a device to not respond to home or power buttons. That happened to my iPad and my wife's iPhone. We had to hold both buttons simultaneously; that awoke/restarted the device.

How is this related to the "Digital Sources"?

Well iPhones play music.

And iPad's, iPod Touches. Such devices are digital sources of music and video. Apple Music. Spotify. Pandora. iHeart Music. TuneIn, SoundCloud. There are numerous app's from great radio stations, WWOZ, WQXR, Gibraltar Radio etc, Video YouTube, Crunchyroll, NHK World (Japan) Acorn TV. There is the world of Podcasting. Yes iOS 10.3.1 has a great deal to do with "Digital Sources" :beatnik: It is important to upgrade your iOS devices to keep them secure.

Last edited:
And iPad's, iPod Touches. Such devices are digital sources of music and video. Apple Music. Spotify. Pandora. iHeart Music. TuneIn, SoundCloud. There are numerous app's from great radio stations, WWOZ, WQXR, Gibraltar Radio etc, Video YouTube, Crunchyroll, NHK World (Japan) Acorn TV. There is the world of Podcasting. Yes iOS 10.3.1 has a great deal to do with "Digital Sources" :beatnik: It is important to upgrade your iOS devices to keep them secure.
Yeah.

The update didn't have anything to do with the audio part.
It's like me posting the news that Hyundai just recalled a bunch of cars, because... well... Hyundai cars play music too.

Maybe he was just doing something nice for his fellow members by letting them know about the wifi issue with their digital source and the fact that it was fixed ? And maybe this is where he thought most would see it ?

The notification for update appears automatically on every phone, so that's not the reason.

I will leave this thread with what was also updated with iOS 10.3; CarPlay, It just so happens this updated another digital music source mentioned up thread......:music:

Hyundai-Sonata-CarPlay1.jpg

Last edited:
The notification for update appears automatically on every phone, so that's not the reason.
Didn't show up on mine. Yet because of this thread I went in to check, and updated last night.

What is it exactly that's so bad about this thread, again?

Didn't show up on mine. Yet because of this thread I went in to check, and updated last night.
The automatic update is not enabled on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. I find about iOS updates mostly from Macbreak Weekly on TWiT. The direct notices from Apple are slow in coming. The Apple TV does update automatically. Not sure about the Apple Watch. Apple is now updating all of their platforms at the same time now so it one thing has an update check all of the the others.

What is it exactly that's so bad about this thread, again?
It's an "Apple No!" thing :D

Last edited:
The automatic update is not enabled on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. I find about iOS updates mostly from Macbreak Weekly on TWiT. The direct notices from Apple are slow in coming. The Apple TV does update automatically. Not sure about the Apple Watch. Apple is now updating all of their platforms at the same time now so it one thing has an update check all of the the others.

It's an "Apple No!" thing :D
I prefer to NOT have auto updating of things like ios. I prefer to know what I'm getting myself into first.
I DO like seeing that the option is there as soon as they are available, though. I don't want to have to search around tech sites for this stuff.
ios update notifications have seemed to be a bit spotty on my phone the last few times. Maybe because it's an oldie?

I prefer to NOT have auto updating of things like ios. I prefer to know what I'm getting myself into first.
I DO like seeing that the option is there as soon as they are available, though. I don't want to have to search around tech sites for this stuff.
ios update notifications have seemed to be a bit spotty on my phone the last few times. Maybe because it's an oldie?

Apple got is real hot water in past years with automatic updates so they no longer do them on portable iOS devices.

Here is some additional informtion:
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1893?locale=en_US
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices

Back
Top Bottom