iOS 11.0.1 had just been pushed out

Apple isn’t saying but I think there is a security issue that was found in the keychain this fixed.

The iPhone X will not be available until November I have heard of no such trouble with Apple’s system. The iPhone 8 does not have facial Recognition. The one that Samsung had was a joke.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/09/...ng-security-questions-about-the-new-iphone-x/

ther are others. Basically boils down to it only seems to work in optimal conditions.
This Gizmodo piece addresses actual/potential concerns as to it's basic functionality (accessing the phone). Failing to work in less than optimal conditions is a far, far cry from being "faked out" as you claimed.
You say there are others. Do you have any real evidence/links to support that claim?

I’m downloading it on my iPad but it isn’t showing up yet for my phone. I’m hoping this fixes the iffy battery life I’ve had since updating.

There is an explanation for the battery life issue. It is how each new iOS sets the priority on what app is going to get priority. Go to settings => Battery there you will find a list of what has been using your resources ranked from the most to the least.

This Gizmodo piece addresses actual/potential concerns as to it's basic functionality (accessing the phone). Failing to work in less than optimal conditions is a far, far cry from being "faked out" as you claimed.
You say there are others. Do you have any real evidence/links to support that claim?
I rank this Gizmodo article as not much better then “click bait”. When I see this in iMore, Mac 9 to 5. or a similar news source then I will give some credibility.

Last edited:
There is an explanation for the battery life issue. It is how each new iOS sets the priority on what app is going to get priority. Go to settings => Battery there you will find a list of what has been using your resources ranked from the most to the least.
In my experience, there is almost always a battery drain issue after major updates on iOS. Typically, subsequent updates rectify this issue. :)

Hopefully this glitch resolution trend will continue.

Everytime; I have not seen it much myself with this 7+ according to iMore it all depends on what app’s you have loaded.

it all depends on what app’s you have loaded.
Aye. Historically it's been a "background services" issue with certain apps behaving "badly". That is a tightrope that makes me think they (Apple) may even relax former constraints just to make leaks more evident--then patch accordingly.

As an aside, speaking of behaving badly. I typically use Waze or Google Maps for navigation. About 3 months ago I was in unknown territory and I used Siri to direct me to the nearest Walmart. She pulled it up and using her link it of course opened up Apple's Map to guide me. OK fine. (nice GUI BTW) It was a five minute drive from my present location. At the time, I had about 45% battery. As I'm making the last turn I notice that my phone is nearly completely exhausted of juice. WTF. I did have a few other "dormant" apps open and was streaming via Tune-In. But this was weird.

Returning to the car, out of curiously I did an experiment. Obviously I had to plug my phone into the charger. After a reboot and after it had attained about 20% capacity, I fired up Apple Map (running as the sole app) and put in a route back home. Glancing at the battery icon as I was on my way, I noticed that it was not only not holding a charge but it was actually losing capacity while plugged in. Based upon the current drain, I was not going to make the 15 minute drive home. Yikes. When it dipped below 12% I killed Apple Map and used Waze. When I arrived I had a 40% charge.

My conclusion was that Apple Map was an extreme amperage whore. And that's a shame cause I kinda dig their new GUI. I just found it ironically surprising that a native Apple app would be so rogue. :idea::crazy:

You need to get one of the Anker power packs. The one I have can charge my iPhone up to 5 times, Anker also makes a nifty 24 watt solar charger that can directly power an iPad. But in practise you use it to charge the included battery or one of the other power pack Anker has. I was thinking about the hurricanes and the power outages with the Anker Solar Charger you could keep your iPhones, iPad, Android phones charged up.

One of the interesting things with Siri on 11 is it now uses Google instead of Bing For it search engine.

You need to get one of the Anker power packs. The one I have can charge my iPhone up to 5 times, Anker also makes a nifty 24 watt solar charger that can directly power an iPad. But in practise you use it to charge the included battery or one of the other power pack Anker has. I was thinking about the hurricanes and the power outages with the Anker Solar Charger you could keep your iPhones, iPad, Android phones charged up.
Off topic, but another way to go with this is to grab one of the below. I picked one up awhile ago, and threw it in my drill bag. Love having it around while working, and I get a lot of charges out of a 20v battery.
Obviously one would need to already have the DeWalt batteries and charger, and this would be an add-on.
I'd assume the other big cordless tool makers have something similar.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCB090-12V-Power-Source/dp/B00EYSUK7W

iOS 11 is not battery friendly for me. And it is Safari that is doing it. If you go to settings and click on battery you will see what is hitting up your battery the most and Safari is highest. Most of the period in question, overnight, Safari was not in use. 820C235B-F53D-4BCE-8326-40B66ADFC551.png

Back
Top Bottom