IPL Acoustics M1TLM speaker finish

David230

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to maybe change the finish of my IPL transmission Line speakers. When I built the kit I went straight for white and as much as I like the look my recently found vintage head is telling me to go for something a little more, vintage.

What sort of finish do you think looks good on a small slimline floorstanding speaker. I may even stick with white but its sometimes nice to get other views and possibly options I hadn;t even thought of...

uWe53wj.jpg

Hi Everyone,

What sort of finish do you think looks good on a small slimline floorstanding speaker.

uWe53wj.jpg

Same as any other speaker, I'd guess. Paint the motor board black, blue, whatever, and install a quality walnut veneer tinted to your choice.

Or, what about high gloss black (or whatever) Formica laminate?

I have a roll of faux carbon fiber veneer that makes for an interesting (if "me, too") look.

Drum parts suppliers also carry some very unique pearl and sparkle veneers that would make for a seldom-seen finish if you have interest in being one-of-a-kind.

Look at some of these: https://precisiondrum.com/high-quality-musical-drum-products/drum-wraps/

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom