iPod mini charging issues

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Got an iPod mini from a friend. It wasn't charging- at all. Apple store told her something along the lines of it needing a "Firewire" something.

I cracked it open and found a replacement battery in it- I guessed it was worn out.

So, another iPod mini I had, with a good hard drive, and what I suspecteed was a good battery, but a broken main board (typical failure point- right at the headphone "in" switch).

Pulled the battery, and charged it. Took forever, and once charged, it only held a charge for 3 hours.

Charged it again- took a long time, again, but this time it lasted for 20 or so hours, before reading stone-cold dead.

Granted, the broken ipod mini hasn't been used in 20 or so months.

My questions- could there be something in the circuit board messing with the charging ability of the iPod mini?

Or, even if the battery I pulled from the parts mini was good 20 months ago, could it have crapped out from sitting idle, and no longer wanting to take a charge?

This is a new to me issue- the full sized ipods I know, even a first and a second generation model, are still plugging away on the original battery.

Works fine when plugged into a Firewire wall wart, or computer.
:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom