ips vs va panels

klipschoid

ips is noted for better viewing angle va has better picture.If these are marketing ploys then why isnt the panel type noted under features.I think its because ips panels are cheaper,they just happen to have wide viewing angles.VA panels have 3x the contrast ratio,a tv should be about the best picture.Like im thinking,if its a marketing feature,for wider viewing,then the panel type should be listed on the box.

Sometimes it is listed in the specifications, but often it isn't. I suspect that this is mostly due to the manufacturers not wanting to confuse shoppers with details that they don't understand. Perhaps also coupled with wanting to "leave their options open" re: switching to different panels if necessary (e.g. supply shortage).

If you have a model that you're interested in and you'd like to determine the panel type, browse the forums over at www.avsforum.com. You should be able to find almost anything that you want to know there.

Also,hey i found a site that listd these specs too,but mainly newer models and not all brands. called www.displayspecifications.com ,spread the word lol .I have a low budget,but i put a TCL 55S401 on layaway at walmart $398 ,direct lit led backlight and VA panel,and Roku smart OS.Not the best but my lg 55uh6030 with ips and edgelit really didnt impress me,it got cracked so now its a TCL ill try

Back
Top Bottom