IRebuildMarantz - Customer disatisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encouraging news, definitely. I'm going to contact him in the next couple of days as requested to hopefully get this sorted.

just like that joke about the guy that raffled off the Dead Donkey and made a ton of money.
He sold raffle tickets at $2/piece for a dead Donkey but didn't tell anyone it was dead.......made LOTS of money.
When asked if anyone complained.......
he said.."just the winner"....
"So I gave him his $2 back."

Don't be fooled....
This man has pocketed lot's of good people's hard earned money and continues to operate business as usual.

Make you wonder if all these "sob" stories he telling people are true.....I'd chalk that up to bad karma.

Last edited:
He's had my $100 for a year now and I've moved up 20 places from 160 to 140. He quoted me 1 year wait when I paid my deposit - had I known the truth, I never would have jumped in. Unfortunately, you can't see the "queue" until you pay in.

I'd cancel, but I'm guessing I'll never see that $100 again. I'll see if I remember what this is for when he contacts me in 5 years to tell me it's my turn.

Well, I got my 2235B back last week from IRM, and I have to say that I am truly impressed. The LED conversion looks great, but more importantly the sound is phenomenal. No more static and it has that nice, rich tone that it had when it was new.

Yes, the wait time was longer than anticipated, but guys and gals, let me tell you that the outcome made it all worth it. It's obvious that Robert has a real talent for doing these rebuilds. The work was awesome.

I have gotten much of the same. I was promised the receiver to arrive to me repaired by the end of 2011. After several months of attempting to email him, my name isn't even on his queue. What makes this worse is that he has my receiver and my money. I understand things come up. But 3 months and NO correspondence or explanation of how long it is going to take is not acceptable to me. I am well beyond the phase of being nervous. I just want my receiver back and report this guy to the authorities. His cue is 400 items long and hasn't worked on a receiver all month nor has he updated it in at least a month. So chances are they will never get done at this rate. My name isn't even on this cue!!! I have grown weary and disgusted with how this guy does business after being so nice and polite to me when he took my money and my receiver. I feel like I am being taken for a ride. What action can I take against him?

He got back to me today! Must have read this or had someone let him know. Apparently he is hiring techs to get working on his back order and hasn't been able to work due to health problems. I will keep everyone posted on how this works out. He has lost me as a customer and I will seek other avenues in the future.

user3521

I have been very satisfied with Bob at irebuildmarantz. For a while he has been a one man company. He did relay information that his father passed away and I totally understand that. Since then he has hired another tech person. I think there was no way of realizing how demanding the recapping business for Marantz only was. I patiently waited a year. I just received my two receivers and am totaly satisfied. today getting it done fast and cheap is the norm. Well the old saying is: "You get what you paid for". If you want it done right and well, its worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom