Iron butterfly

91firebird

Well looking at my rtr tape collection found a 10 reel said iron butterfly on it,fogot I had it put on the pioneer
909 And rocked out.any other butterfly fans,like they said ,you can't win

If it's loud,
It's for me 91firebird,
Iron Butterfly, how can you go wrong?
1900 and 60 thru the 70's music just has to be good?

I never tire of the mono riffs that I loved then, short of going into a state of withdrawal if a don't get a fix of early Stones as often as I can afford (between the buttons/aftermath/journey thru the past darkly) ... My Friend ...​

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time listening to Iron Butterfly back in the day. Ten years or so ago I picked up a reel-to-reel machine at a yard sale. When I got it home I remembered that I still had my old RtoR tapes squirreled away somewhere in the basement. Sure enough, I found them and they were still in good condition. After going through them and finding some recordings of some long lost favorites, I realized that I must have liked Iron Butterfly quite a lot back in the olden days. There must have been a half dozen recordings of In A Gadda Da Vida and Heavy. Man, with a few exceptions, some of that stuff is really hard to listen to today.

I liked them too. It's too bad they didn't produce more music. The track that sticks in my head is "Most Anything that You Want"

Heavy is my favorite.
I concur. Had it on 4-track. Played on one of the huge chrome 20 watt/channel "Audio-Stereo" decks, that if you peeled that foilcal off, voila! It was actually a Muntz. We pretty much wore the oxide off that tape and a group of others as well,

I saw the Butterfly in concert,1968 in Santa Barbara Ca. Inagaddadavida tour? They were good, but were headlining with an "undercard" of The Standells, Blue Cheer, and Sweetwater in that order, hard acts to follow. $3.50 General Admission tickets, LOL. Great show

Old thread, But +1 for Heavy. I really like that record. It is a sound of a time, but I still dig it.

I did see them in the 80's. Great evening. Standing in line and a guy asks if we need tix. He couldn't find anyone to attend with him. Ended up very close and very happy.
Even met Randy California afterward. I'm sure he was not half as impressed to meet us as we were him.

Heavy was the 1st album I purchased along with Steppenwolf's debut. I bought a Mono copy on Record Day 2 years ago, yeah great album.

Back
Top Bottom