Is It Just My Imagination, But Are New Cars Getting LOUDER not Quieter?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water' started by savatage1973, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Shadowdog

Shadowdog Super Member

NJ it could be a MPG thing also for CAFE. as Wt. is the enemy for that & even a tiny bit of % increase in MPG X the # sold in a year makes a big diff. It also allows performance models to be sold in that same model, but it's the corporate average that counts overall.

I had a Ford Festiva that was noisy on rough pavement in my younger days so I just drove faster for less time on the road , plus it didn't hurt MPG much. Used the stereo for sure to drown out the noise!

Maybe another soln is an electronic noise cancelling system as used on some new GM vehicles and maybe others! It uses the existing speakers I would imagine!

2. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

We have one also, actually it's my wife's (I turned her on to it tho) and what you say is true. Very solid, quiet ride and we like it a lot.

Hyfi likes this.
  3. Hyfi

Hyfi Super Member

It is scary fast too and easy to see why little old ladies and men drive thru walls by accident.

4. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

LOL! It is very rapid but the driving thru walls by accident may be because of what's going on in the dash area and such because it is quite the experience if you're not used to it. WP_20160225_17_42_31_Pro.jpg Pic of the day we brought it home.
    Great car and we love driving it.

Hyfi likes this.
  5. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

If you don’t like the noise, you can go with a Hush Thrush replacement or even Dynaflow....

Technically, the longer the muffler....the quieter the sound. If you want a complete replacement that still sounds healthy, just not as loud try Borla.