Is it true you lose your manley-man

reyneman

Requiescat in pace
status when you are forced, by things outside your control, to drive a wussy car like an Acura CL Type S instead of your big American Iron SUV like a Dodge Durango?

Course, that big SUV WAS making up for other inadequacies I may have.. :p:

just put some type R stickers on the side and at least u will have some stupid kids looking up to your car

SUV drivers tend to avoid mud at all costs and go 1mph over RR tracks. I thought those things were made for stump jumpin'. They are dangerous gas guzzling behemoths and are a major piece of the polution problems we have. I have a mini truck so that I can haul speakers and large pieces of trees. Most SUVs haul 2.5 children to soccer practice.

Originally posted by reyneman
status when you are forced, by things outside your control, to drive a wussy car like an Acura CL Type S instead of your big American Iron SUV like a Dodge Durango?

:saywhat:

If you never take your truck off road then you shouldn't be allowed to own one ! Mine regularly sees duty in the Mud. Fact last time out I had water covering the entire hood up to the windshield. With my Liftkit and mudders that's about almost 4 feet deep :nutz:

Ah, Kam, I knew you'd HAVE to respond.

For the next couple of weeks, I'm 'stuck' with a 3.2 CL-S. Not too bad, but regardless of what Thatch may think, my Durango gets me to fishing and hunting areas that I don't believe the Acura will get into.

I have also hauled mucho gear in that cavernous back end- again, I don't believe the CL could handle it.

'Course, it does get me to work through traffic quite well...:cool:

Gents- My V-10 Excursion is way too big, gets atrocious mileage, can barely lumber outta its own way,& lotsa other politically incorrect sins, but the main reason I have it is that is p*sses off the enviro-weenies & other assorted bed-wetters so wonderfully, not to mention the facts you can have a real dandy party in it blasting down the highway at 70 or carry an entire small nation's stuff if you want-behind the 3rd seat. Damn the Toyotas- Full Speed Ahead !!!-Sandy G.

Don't get me wrong, if you use one for what it is made for then it is good to have. If you don't it is like ripping holes in new jeans cause it is the style.
Unfortunately gasoline is the same price for everyone. Mostly because of low milage vehicles the air around here sucks, it also costs me $40 a year for a vehicle inspection because of it so it is not only unhealthy but more expensive because of vehicles that are for the most part not used for what they were originally designed for. I pay more for insurance because SUVs tend to total out anything they touch. I pay more for gas because SUVs use to much of it.
Being surrounded by high profile vehicles driven by people on cell phones in heavy traffic is dangerous.

Hey Thatch_Ear,

My insurance man says the highest factor in car insurance in the drunk driver, .....and accidents by teenagers.

And high $$$ lawsuits by ambulance chaser attorneys (need to have limits)

He said SUV's have little to do with it.

Take away the drunk driver, teens, and attorneys, and your car insurance would cost about 1/4 what it does now.

Yup. I can believe that. Teen-age girls, I think, are the worst of all. Dunno how many times I've had some 16 1/2 yr-old cutie-pie blow by me,then cut in front & make a "Casey Jones" right turn, all the while yakking away on her cellphone, oblivious to everything around her. Its a wonder many of 'em make it to 20. Of course, being an SUV, and a big, nasty, Excursion to boot, the wreck would have been my fault... -Sandy G.

SUVs might not be the cause of most accidents but we recieved a notice in the mail that stated that because of the large number of SUVs in this area our rates were increased. The fact remains that a large SUV can cause a car to be totalled by the insurance company because of the massive amount of damage caused by the shere mass involved even when a collision happens at low speeds. Why this increase should be picked up by sedan owners as well as by the owners of the vehicles that cause the damage is beyond me, but it sure has happened to us.
Again I am not against someone owning a vehicle type because they need it. I don't feel that it should cost me money and hurt me physically just because it is someone elses right to own a dangerous, polluting gas hog as a status symbol. Who really NEEDS a Hummer for city driving? I see them all the time.:dunno:
The lousy gas milage has caused the air pollution to get so bad around here that a yearly inspection has quadrupled in price because of the expense of the machines it takes to check out the pollutant level of the vehicles.
It just bothers me that I am a victim of the other guy's toy.
:mad:

I would like a Hummer and not the new smaller one I wants one o' the big mama jammmas! ;) I want a SUV that gets like 2 miles to the gallon and has to take wide turns like an 18 wheeler! I want everyones rates in my neighborhood to go up just cuz my vehicle is so huge :p: Then I'm driving to Thacthy's house and staking out his driveway just so I can cut him off when he tries to pull out and then blast my air horns as he give the finger! :yippy:

Well I doubt you will ever have a Hummer for sporting around town in.:finger: But I'll give you the finger just to make you happy.

Julia will hum "We Are The Champions" if I give her chocolate. No tequila required!!
:boink:

Yes but the trick is to get her friend to hum it as well, let's see you do that without some liquor ;)

Back
Top Bottom