Is Marrs Communications dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kmulkey, you get nothing but the truth from Marrs

alteclipshc,You do not understand, we do Not want to be any Larger than we are. Don't wait __Buy your belts elsewhere.

Marine0811, Thank You !

Dazaa, Keep buying your belts elsewhere. You don't know, what you have not tried ?

ETLS, Been running the business this way for 12 years. Not going to Change. Other Problems ?
Largest on line inventory in the USA. All Product made in the Japan.

mgosdin, Thank you ! Started out with Nakamichi Factory Belts only. When you have to put up with WHINING, it stops being fun.

alteclipshc, If you would read the website, you would know if there are delays. Ship estimate posted DAILY on the Home Page.

w1jim, Again, we are Very Happy with the size of our Company AND we have belts no other belt sellers Have.

Blue Shadow,
Thank you for the kind words. No, we are Not a perfect company, they do NOT exist.
Labels are Printed when the order is received to let the customer know his Payment Was Received.
Customers know how long it will be before we ship their order BEFORE they send Payment. Posted on the Home Page DAILY.
We have belts that No Other Sellers have because we have them custom Manufactured in Japan.
Our Belts have a LIFETIME Guarantee with Free Replacement ( Less Shipping )
Our Factory Capstan Belts are Guaranteed to meet ANY Manufactures published wow/flutter specifications on YOUR machine IF, your Transport is Fully Serviced.
( Marrs is the Only Belt seller to make this Guarantee ).
No Other Sellers provide belts that are manufactured in Japan. All belts being sold in the USA are manufactured in China, Taiwan or Malaysia, except Belts from Marrs.
In 12 years, Not One customer ever lost a Nickle doing business with Marrs.
We have the most accurate interchange in the industry, and made over 1,300 corrections to the latest Published Interchange available to "Other" Sellers.
Marrs is the Only Seller that has this Information.
If you have a Odd Machine and can't find belts, we can have them Manufactured. __ On and On and On.

Thank you to everyone who has done Business with Marrs Communications. It is Greatly Appreciated.

If you have a problem with Marrs, contact me DIRECTLY: nakamichi@marrscom.com
I will not discuss problems with a customer in ANY Forum.

Fred M.
cc: Krista krista@marrscom.com
Hmmm.

Fred , are you an advertiser here?

Curious why I never received what I paid for...belt for a Kyocera D-801?

Still can't get over the fact that you wanted me to tear down my deck yet again so that I could send you my belt, maybe never to be seen again.

Two tries, first way too small, second falls off the flywheels. Counter belt fatter than original and tire gives problems,...so much for quality.

Still have the hand signed belts.

I'll stand by my comments about his abysmal treatment of his customers. If he says it's ok that customers should accept waits of months EVEN AFTER THEY'VE PAID FOR THEIR ITEMS, then he should not be in business. It mystifies me that he is supported by anyone.

skin in the game.

if you've never operated an online business selling more than one item, and having customers
who wanted it shipped two days before the order is received, or emailing and calling every day
then you should try it. or be a fulfilment house/center. I have shut down several businesses
over this.

then if you've built a software package that runs on windows, spend thousands on shows,
have Mac users ask for a mac package, look at you strange when you tell them of
a Mac package that can host windows (Parallels is one), they think you're lying to them.
I tried one time to say there was a Mac version and would they buy. NOPE. tire kicking is
a sport for many people. eg no skin the game but will pour salt in a wound.
and you are only trying to make a living.

for me, having Nak gear and NO where to buy parts is a crime (dumping Naks into the landfill)
and having a Marrs is not only worthwhile but he could charge whatever he wants. look
at the pharmaceuticals that offer cures for 700K per year. check out Valeant.

I was very active on Naktalk about ten years ago when Marrs began his offerings.
check out the threads from back then, he was a godsend.

I also have 4 MTL10s that may need belts and my alternatives are a vendor supplying them
or buying every single kit of belts from MCM and others and then trying them out.

I spent lots of time and money trying to find correct belts for the PLxx and PL1xx Pioneer
turntables from among thousands on ebay. I would prefer one vendor who knows what he's
doing than the flippers.

unless you have had disappointing experiences with any vendor let alone Marrs,
there's no need to bring your personal pitchfork and oil-based torch and be an advocate.
However, if you are an advocate by profession and are very successful at it, PM me,
I have two very tricky situations where I could use your services.

kmulkey, you get nothing but the truth from Marrs

Fred M.
cc: Krista krista@marrscom.com

No complaints from me, Fred. You've always delivered my orders in a reasonable time. I was just laughing at the "got sent to band camp" remark :rflmao:

No complaints from me, Fred. You've always delivered my orders in a reasonable time. I was just laughing at the "got sent to band camp" remark :rflmao:
That was funny. Only one I have read about that lived to tell about banishment

Last edited:
Fred I think it would help if we heard from Krista, either than payment was received and a time frame to fill the order, or a reply when we email her asking what the status is of it.

How about not processing payment until it has been shipped. With these kinds of complaints, I wouldn't allow ANY $$$ to be charged. And I am not a whiner, just a former potential customer.

Last edited:
Anybody have any update on Marrs? I just sent Fred and Krista an email so I hope to hear back.

After another round with this I think it is pretty safe to say you all might want to look elsewhere for your Nak belts etc. Seems like his daughter is not particularly invested in running the business though Fred puts a lot of stock in her doing so.
A day or so after my above post, I heard from Fred. He apologized for not sending me the kit I had paid for back in December and promised to help with some additional parts to make up for it. He had excuses for Krista's lack of follow through. He immediately emailed Krista and cc'd me about taking care of my order. Unfortunately nothing since. I just requested a refund of my $.
I enjoyed my conversations with Fred, but it seems his daughter is dropping the ball while keeping my $.

I hope others here have been able to get proper service from them.

I put in an order on May 1st. No order confirmation email, but my Paypal shows a tracking # has been generated but not yet shipped.
Almost $90 for belts for two units, that's premium priced. It would be nice if the service was as premium.

I put in an order on May 1st. No order confirmation email, but my Paypal shows a tracking # has been generated but not yet shipped.
Almost $90 for belts for two units, that's premium priced. It would be nice if the service was as premium.
Given the discussion above, I'd contact PayPal and ask to stop payment. I wanted to order belts for my lowly Nak bx1, but just can't pull the trigger knowing what others here have been through with this company. Blaming poor performance on a daughter shows an ignorance that there is a problem. Why doesn't this Fred person just fill the orders himself if he knows the daughter is dropping the ball?

If I don't have them in hand by next Friday, that's probably what I'll do. Which sucks. The belts I've gotten from Fred in the past were markedly superior to what I get from Bob or CEI.

Fred just called me again. He says my original payment went to a paypal account that was hacked at about the time I sent it and was lost in the shuffle so his daughter didn't follow through He blames himself for not going to that old account to see if it ended up there. Is promising shipping now. Let's hope so. Their stock of parts is far too important to not have access to, especially all you service guys.

Fred just called me again. He says my original payment went to a paypal account that was hacked at about the time I sent it and was lost in the shuffle so his daughter didn't follow through He blames himself for not going to that old account to see if it ended up there. Is promising shipping now. Let's hope so. Their stock of parts is far too important to not have access to, especially all you service guys.

That smells like BS to me. Did Fred get removed from AK? All his responses are gone from this thread.

Welp, all I can say is if you try to search for all posts by that poster, nuttin' shows up. How exactly that came about, I have no idea.

It's interesting to read all the different reactions. By all accounts Marrs offers a superior product. And many say Fred is a good guy, just overwhelmed.

There are others who are unhappy because they paid their money and have no belts and no communication when or if they will receive their order or a refund. Honestly you can't blame them. I fall into that camp. I was subcontracting with a local business to do their repairs, and had a customer's Nak waiting for belts. I finally had to return it unrepaired. I'm sure the owner of that deck would be unimpressed with what a nice guy Fred is or how overwhelmed he is.

To be fair, I did finally receive a refund after joining Tapeheads and starting a thread. And yes, I could have used other belts but all my research indicated they wouldn't last and I was unwilling to do that.

I stopped taking in repairs for other people, mostly due to time constraints. But things like this didn't help either. Who needs that kind of aggravation?

Sounds like the entire inventory should be sold to someone able and willing to actually run a small business.
Eventually the current piss poor service will ensure those boxes of products will just sit gathering dust, in someones basement or a landfill.

For some decks, generic belts are adequate, though they may not give as long a service life. But for Naks, and auto-revers RtR decks, having the correct belts is crucial to proper function. If it weren't for those things, I wouldn't even bother with the aggravation.

Sounds like the entire inventory should be sold to someone able and willing to actually run a small business.
Eventually the current piss poor service will ensure those boxes of products will just sit gathering dust, in someones basement or a landfill.
It's frustrating. Here's a good product that people want but cannot get in a timely manner.

He should limit his sales to hobbyists who don't mind waiting for their order. Anyone doing repairs simply can't afford the unpredictable nature of his service.

Based on what I've read in this thread,I would wonder if he isn't buying-in custom belts on an as-needed basis and he waits until he has a minimum order requirement.

Come on,just how ''big'' can the demand be for belts,especially at those prices? There are only so many people who have the equipment (and the willingness to spend the money) that needs and merits that grade of belt.

The business is:
1: Order comes in
2: Money comes in
3: Parts are picked and packaged
4: Label is printed and applied to package
5: Package is shipped

Just how many excuses can there be for not being able to achieve this?

Too busy answering internet questions? Bad excuse.

You process paying customers immediately. The key word here being paying customers.You know,the people who actually get pissed off when they don't receive what they have actually ordered and payed for.The same people who actually support your business and pay your bills and salary.The people who provide your income.The same people who will badmouth you,your business,and your lack of customer service,to the point where your business will cease to exist.

I see two problems here: The people who make excuses,and the people who are willing to accept them. Just my 2¢:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom