Is there a way to adjust to high and low volume limits on a flac file

airtime

I finally got the EAC to cooperate and have been ripping FLAC files to a thumb drive.

I listen to classical music and own a number of CDs from Classic FM 100 London. However it seems their engineer likes to record their CDs with extreme lows and highs. I mean it's like taking a hearing test on one passage and the windows are shaking a few bars later.

Is there a way to adjust the volume on both ends of the rip process? Or some retooling of the file?

I typically wouldn't consider high dynamic range to be an issue in the home. I'd only consider this to be an issue in the car. You could buy a separate compressor from guitar center for the home and route it through the tape monitors on a reciever, you could do what dr audio said, or if you just need it in the car, Kicker makes an amplifier with a built in DSP that has a compressor available to you.

I typically wouldn't consider high dynamic range to be an issue in the home. I'd only consider this to be an issue in the car. You could buy a separate compressor from guitar center for the home and route it through the tape monitors on a reciever, you could do what dr audio said, or if you just need it in the car, Kicker makes an amplifier with a built in DSP that has a compressor available to you.
A DBX 118 would sound very good. If you look at GC, look for a compressor made for recording.

I'm pretty sure EAC has a normalize option that can be tweaked. Not sure if it would help here, or if it's just for comp type rips, but it might be worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom