is this a scam?

shrinkboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i have been getting these 'renew your account info' emails for a couple weeks now about renewing my account info from ebay.

they want info that includes credit card #'s and so on. is this a scam similar to the Paypal scam that went out a few weeks back, or is it for real?

shrinkboy

It's a scam.
Ebay will NEVER ask for that info. Check back for other threads on this and email the email to spoof@ebay.com so they can check it out.

Also wish testicular cancer upon the rat bastards who sent it.

I get em all the time. Most of the ones I get are from the UK.

I just forward them to E-Bay.

SSN, # on the back of the card... Yea Right.

I've yet to receive one of these eBay scams but have gotten similar types.........generally I fill them out but with bogus info.

Sometimes I'll search out the registered owner of the offending site and enter their own info into their spam. That way, they end up spamming themselves!

Generally, when you open mail that has any HTML in it you actually send a ping of sorts back to them indicating that not only that you've looked at their garbage, but that your e-mail is active.

There are known cases of viruses being embedded within HTML, so for your own good, turn that feature off in whatever e-mail program you use.

Anthony

Originally posted by heathkit tv
There are known cases of viruses being embedded within HTML, so for your own good, turn that feature off in whatever e-mail program you use.

Anthony

Can you be more specific? Thanks...

Originally posted by WildWest
Can you be more specific? Thanks...

Specific to what? The viruses or turning off the HTML? If you meant the latter, all I'm familiar with is how to use Hotmail and Yahoo's web based e-mail as I've never gotten around to setting up Outlook etc.

But I am pretty sure that if you look around in the toolbar under File etc that you may find a Preferences field and within there you may see something that would allow you to turn off this feature.

Anthony

Back
Top Bottom