Is this a system?

jackgiff

These Altec 846A's have been stored in a corner of my garage and have just been used as a cardboard covered work station. It seemed after getting a free dust cover for my 911 from cubby01, and having it restored to respectability, that the speakers deserved better. They were brought out and given a dose of Watco Danish oil, followed by a coat of Howards Feed and Wax.

They are simply amazing, having been in my possession since being purchased at the Altec factory in 1967. Now where shall I put this system?

Attachments

• AltecSystem03.jpg
    AltecSystem03.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Al;tecSystem02.jpg
    Al;tecSystem02.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 196
  • AltecSystem01.jpg
    AltecSystem01.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 150
Sweet speakers. What kind of rack is that behind everything?

That's my speaker development rack. It is on wheels, which saves me from having to move all that equipment. The computer stores about 300 LP's in WAV format to provide tunes.

Attachments

• DevelopmentRack.jpg
    DevelopmentRack.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 138
I've heard one of those 911A systems with the smaller Altec speakers that originally came with it. I kinda kick myself for not buying it, sometimes.

Barzilay!!!

With intact grilles! :banana:

They sure look like factory 846 cabinets.

That 911 is one of the coolest things I've seen. I've never heard of it until opening this thread. Way cool.

Howard's is my secret weapon, all the wood in my house (and everything that comes from a thrift store that's wood) gets a healthy dose!

Back
Top Bottom