Is this just me or does this have FRAUD written all over it

ninetynine

i am selling my pro-ject turntable someone responded to an add , I think I lost count of the number of times I've had an email of this sort
check this out :

Thanks for your mail towards my interest in your turn-table.Anyway,I do saw the picture you sent to me.actually, it really looks clean and fascinating indeed!.

Consecutively,for the means of payment am using Cashier's Check or Money-Order ,co's it will turn out to real cash,so the Cashier's Check will be Delivered to you Packagely by Courier service...at your Door-step,and
for the turn-table,i will handle it,co's i have a Well organised Shipper's that will come for the pick up of the turn-table,from your Destination and i do promise you that you will definitely enjoy doing business with me.

Furthermore,my Client is Residing in USA,he is owing me a Sum of money of $3000 and,so he will be Issuing a Cashier's Check of $3000 you will be deducting your own money from it which is $250, and you
will be sending the remaining balance to my Shipper's through Western Union Money transfer,so that i can instruct them to come for the Pick up of the turn-table,from you at your own convinient time....

Moreso,let me have your Full name which the Cashier's Check or Money-Order will be made payable to your mailing address where it will be sent to including your Cell Phone Number or any Number that i will be able to
reach you at given time.I hope this is stated to you Clearly and understanding,Stay Bless...

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the site..ok,so for doing that i will be willingly compensated you with $50,so your total deduction will be $300.

Sincerely,

Jenny...

You really need to ask? Yes it's fraud - you would be ripped off for $3k and your TT.

yeah right. People do fall for that stuff. That's a common fraud. Send him an email back, and turn the story around, saying you will send him a cashier's check for 10K that your great aunt gave you on her deathbed, but for IRS and probate court reasons, you can't cash it here, so you need him to cash it there, and send it back to you in cash, and for his trouble, you will send the turntable for free!... Ha

VintageNut said:
yeah right. People do fall for that stuff. That's a common fraud. Send him an email back, and turn the story around, saying you will send him a cashier's check for 10K that your great aunt gave you on her deathbed, but for IRS and probate court reasons, you can't cash it here, so you need him to cash it there, and send it back to you in cash, and for his trouble, you will send the turntable for free!... Ha

lol, well too late I already wrote back in a not too polite manner if you know what I mean.

I always forward the letter to there internet provider and ask for and investigation and to shut them down.

Advert

Anyone using words like "ADVERT" and "Cashiers check" in the same sentence should be castrated. . . . :smoke:

Anyone who falls for this crap deserves to lose their money. . :naughty:

Too funny.
Someone had an Ebay item for sale and one of the questions was almost word for word what you posted.
I can't remember the response but it was pretty funny.

I smell a rat--leave that alone and keep the t-t. the bird :yes:
ninetynine said:
i am selling my pro-ject turntable someone responded to an add , I think I lost count of the number of times I've had an email of this sort
check this out :

Thanks for your mail towards my interest in your turn-table.Anyway,I do saw the picture you sent to me.actually, it really looks clean and fascinating indeed!.

Consecutively,for the means of payment am using Cashier's Check or Money-Order ,co's it will turn out to real cash,so the Cashier's Check will be Delivered to you Packagely by Courier service...at your Door-step,and
for the turn-table,i will handle it,co's i have a Well organised Shipper's that will come for the pick up of the turn-table,from your Destination and i do promise you that you will definitely enjoy doing business with me.

Furthermore,my Client is Residing in USA,he is owing me a Sum of money of $3000 and,so he will be Issuing a Cashier's Check of $3000 you will be deducting your own money from it which is $250, and you
will be sending the remaining balance to my Shipper's through Western Union Money transfer,so that i can instruct them to come for the Pick up of the turn-table,from you at your own convinient time....

Moreso,let me have your Full name which the Cashier's Check or Money-Order will be made payable to your mailing address where it will be sent to including your Cell Phone Number or any Number that i will be able to
reach you at given time.I hope this is stated to you Clearly and understanding,Stay Bless...

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the site..ok,so for doing that i will be willingly compensated you with $50,so your total deduction will be $300.

Sincerely,

Jenny...

Don't ever respond to these jackals from your regular email.
While you may get your jollies telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, you are also legitmizing you email addy; that's not good.
If you want to jerk these jerkoffs about, set up some bogus email addy on one of the bazillion sites online and use it solely to screw with these arseholes.

BTW, Echo's 419 link is a riot and a half! Shiver Metimbers, indeed!!

I was on Ebay bidding on a Michell Ref. Hyd. & some asshole contacted me to sell me a NIB identical unit for $750US, as he had several he wanted to close out.

Anyway, I told the stooge I was most interested, as they hadn't been manufactured for at least 20 years, & you could sell them for a hell of a lot more than that most anywhere. As a matter of fact, I told him I'd buy them all, he just had to furnish me with a way to verify his identification, address, & accept payment in escrow.

Never did respond to my query.

Charles

I smell "it" far from here(Europe). :rant:
Andyman said : While you may get your jollies telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine :lmao:you are also legitmizing you email addy; that's not good. :no:

Back
Top Bottom