is this possible!??

Night Wolf

White Woofer Night Wolf
while I was reading reviews for the Sansui G-7500 on AR (becuase it is pretty much the same thing as the 7700 I am probaly getting)

"We even would connect a string of old christmas tree lights to the outputs and have them flashing to the beat at the same time!"

would that really work? damage the amp?

Or, for the record, is there home stereo stuff that you can hook up to lights for pulsing to the beat effects?
I think I saw one on ebay but it was way old...I think just like a traffic light sorta look and the light changed to the beat.
I'm betting nowadays they've got some great stuff, and I've used some great stuff at some DJ gigs but I'm unclear on if there is any expressly for home use that is not cheesy and is well made.

Did DBX ever make anything like this?

Well in theory as long as the total series resistance of the bulbs was more then around 8 ohms and the voltage drop across each bulb is enough to make it glow is should work. Lots of trial and error would be need to make it look good. One would need small filament bulbs so that thermal inertia wouldn't damp out the 'speed' of the sound.

Ham radio users use to use large lamps as 'dummy loads' for testing transmitters. You could see the lamp follow the modulation frequency and amplitude...

Lefty

I don't know if this is what you're thinking about - it's connected in parallel to the speaker outputs of the amp:

The switches are for 2 or 200W scale and to show Peak/RMS

Back
Top Bottom