Is this the end for Necco Wafers?

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by louisjames, Apr 13, 2018.

1. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had the privilege to know one of those GenRad fellows, the late Bill Thurston quite well when we lived (as did Bill) in Harvard, MA.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ConradH

ConradH Addicted Member

I collect GR equipment and many of them were designed by Henry Hall, now retired and living in Florida. We email now and then and he's sharp as a tack.

3. Bill Ashton

Bill Ashton AK Subscriber Subscriber

Can't say I like the Necco wafers any more than those Valentine hearts...or PEEPS for that matter...though I may take a walk out this afternoon and see if there are any Skybars about...those were advertised a lot when I was a kid, but you didn't see them very often. Don't forget Squirrel Nut Zippers also...

I go by the old GenRad plant in Bolton on Route 117 at least twice a week...there may be some tenants in there, but it seems to have been perpetually for sale :(

4. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Addicted Member

Had a soldier from Mass. that had his family constantly send him Necco’s to Germany the entire time he was there. He said you had to have grown up in New England eating them to like them....they remind me of Tumms but in different flavors. Now if Oreo cookies were going away I’d buy a closet full before they are gone...

jami w. likes this.
  5. jami w.

jami w. just being me thats all

always loved the smells coming from that plant!

6. jami w.

jami w. just being me thats all

yes def a new england tastebuds thing lol one of the few candies i actually do like (not sweet) which i like.

Please register to disable this ad.