Is this turntable worth fixing?

on my Sony PS-X50 i just picked up from a yard sale, the cueing lever also did not work....since it too had a auto return feature i was worried about it scratching across the record as well. On the sony i was able to disable the auto return feature just by pulling out the fuse that was just for that feature. It is a full manual TT now, but thats fine by me!

OK. What adhesive would you use for "beast" or "monster" receivers and accessories? Why Gorilla Glue! It worked very well! It cues up and the reject works, too. The auto return doesn't. I don't see it covered in the owner or service manual. Not important. Good to go. Thank you all! Cactus, nice TT!

b/t/w, it was a 1967 Fairlane. Pre CJ. Put the 427 in myself. wide ratio top loader, 4:11 rear. Nice ride!!

I have the same issue! TT works fine except for auto return. Any thoughts as to where to start looking? Thanks Mike

My JVC JL-A40 TT have the same cueing issue too. Will let you guys know if this works.

(I am not the author of this video)

definately worth the effort to fix up, you'll learn some new things you can apply to other turntable models in the future.

As you have discovered old plastic and heavy handed previous owners, can and will always be problematic. You cueing arm under the the deck has disintegrated most likely. If you find the bits and reform them and drill tiny holes for steel reinforcement you can bring it back, there is a very good solution to this on Youtube that I used with mine. Will try to find that link for you. Back here shortly when i figure out how to insert links. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRy8H-WQWCk may work for you. edit// oops you already have that

Back
Top Bottom