Is Your Dehumidifier A Recalled Fire Hazard ?

Just realized this thread was for dehumidifiers and not humidifiers. Why would you want to dehumidify? You'll add static to your vinyl

Just realized this thread was for dehumidifiers and not humidifiers. Why would you want to dehumidify? You'll add static to your vinyl

In my case to keep my tools from rusting in my unheated workshop :)
Especially effective for cast iron surfaces of tablesaws, etc.

Roger

Edit: guess that isn’t a problem in Las Vegas!

I see you're in Vegas where there is no humidity. :p Here in MO, it can be as high as 90% on summer evenings even without rain. 100% overnight and dew falls. My house is a walkout ranch with a cool humid basement. I don't air condition extremely hard so it can be very humid down there as cool humid air sits down there with warmer temperatures upstairs (temperature inversion keeps it from mixing). A dehumidifier in the basement is just the ticket to keep mildew at bay. By drying the air a little whenever it needs it, the AC does less work to cool the house when it's actually on. Note, I have it set to 55% so it comes on whenever the humidity is above that. I know that sounds outrageous for Vegas.

My other two are in un-air conditioned shop/storage buildings where I don't want tools and equipment to rust.

We don't use them at all in winter.

Last edited:
I use two in my garage to keep our cars free of condensation during winter storage in our very humid climate.

On the other hand, if you looked at your stylus under a microscope, it would be surrounded by a small mountain of round boulders which are sand particles. That's what you get from living in the desert! I know because I spent time in NM and the lab I worked at in college had a micro-stereoscope that was outstanding for looking at styli. I was horrified. :yikes:

We have very low humidity in the winter - especially when that very cold arctic air comes into the house and gets heated up. It's basically hell on earth most of the year. :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom