1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

It’s 3am, I cant stop listening to these Nova 15’s

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Justgotohm, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Justgotohm

Justgotohm AK Subscriber Subscriber

I’ve got 4hrs in the chair, finally calling it quits. These Nova 15’s are absolutely outstanding.
    4B4DDF70-AF9C-41CB-80B7-711EB48CC2EA.jpeg
    26D77916-C93B-4C86-AD06-84765C2D5580.jpeg
    60E83C43-C084-430E-8AB9-A52BC7228E54.jpeg
    5E205CBB-95CE-4B3E-89C2-1B4340E01C51.jpeg
    The cabs are just test cabs I quickly put together to test for much higher expectations.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Marine0811

Marine0811 I love it loud! Subscriber

3. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

nice driver combo for sure.

4. The speakers look to be in excellent condition ! Great pictures also.

5. Justgotohm

Justgotohm AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks, the drivers have been on the shelf for two years, Rick at Selah Audio designed the crossovers for me and did a stellar job, I am very pleased with the results. The Nova 15 cabs are .55cu ft, the Dayton 8’s list .52 for a sealed cab so the $5 GW find suited this perfectly for a quick listen and to burn the woofers in.
    These will eventually be in a 1.3cu ft vented cab good for 40hz or so. They are very limited in the small sealed cab, I’m using these with a couple Cambridge Ensemble passive subs, the subs add some lowend but the efficiency of the Nova’s is so much greater the little subs can’t keep up. I could biamp but this is all just temporary.
    Both drivers are 96db 1w 1m so needless to say these are very efficient for a two way 8inch bookshelf speaker, which was my initial goal. I lost a couple db of efficiency but the power requirement is way below Martin Logan LX16’s and some Phase Tech PC-60’s they are mixed in with.
    I could build a larger cab, up to 1.7cu ft and get into the 30’s but would be limited in output, I figured I like Heresy’s so given these will go a tick lower should be fine. I’ll leave the grills on when friends have a listen, see their reaction to some Nova 15’s, haha.

VJMac3 likes this.