It’s official: I’m the proud owner of a C70 & MC462!

SA7I

Pictures coming soon... :jump:

mojPp2k.jpg

Ggyrxah.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, you will really enjoy it. Please give us a review after you have listened for a while.

Holy scroe, Batman!!! Good lord, those are beautiful. Please let us know your thoughts once you're up and running, and more pics, please.

Will you actually get one soon?...

Dec 6, 2018 · As a limited edition commemorative system the price is $22,000. This system can be ordered today at any authorized McIntosh dealer. Once these systems are gone, again only 70 of them will be made, each component can be purchased separately.

The first time I heard Snell A7 Illusion I was almost speechless. They were powered by two 2301's driven by a C-500T and music played on a Ayre CD player. The sound was the closest thing I have heard that compared with my tri-amped Concert Grands suplemented with Celestion super tweeters. They really impressed. They were in a smaller room so at a 10 ft listening distance the most power indicated on the 2301's about 50 watts with average levels being about 12 watts. The speakers easily out performed 1k and XRT 28's in a larger room. Its a shame when Macs group bought Snell they didn't continue their development of new models of Snell. The A-7 were great speakers right out of the Box. I wonder how they would sound with a MEN 220.

IS 150 + watts enough? The speakers are pretty inefficient. I hope the combo works well for you. The last A7 I heard were pushed with two 1201's and though we never pushed the level past 100 watts in a much larger room, the A7 still had that beautiful clean sound with out any trace of harshness, current Mac speakers have. Some people I know thought the A7 were a little dry. But placed in the correct positions in a room with the correct listening position the sound can not only be clear and clean, but with ample bass, too.

The first time I heard Snell A7 Illusion I was almost speechless. They were powered by two 2301's driven by a C-500T and music played on a Ayre CD player. The sound was the closest thing I have heard that compared with my tri-amped Concert Grands suplemented with Celestion super tweeters. They really impressed. They were in a smaller room so at a 10 ft listening distance the most power indicated on the 2301's about 50 watts with average levels being about 12 watts. The speakers easily out performed 1k and XRT 28's in a larger room. Its a shame when Macs group bought Snell they didn't continue their development of new models of Snell. The A-7 were great speakers right out of the Box. I wonder how they would sound with a MEN 220.

IS 150 + watts enough? The speakers are pretty inefficient. I hope the combo works well for you. The last A7 I heard were pushed with two 1201's and though we never pushed the level past 100 watts in a much larger room, the A7 still had that beautiful clean sound with out any trace of harshness, current Mac speakers have. Some people I know thought the A7 were a little dry. But placed in the correct positions in a room with the correct listening position the sound can not only be clear and clean, but with ample bass, too.
Wow, that’s quite a statement! I will let you know what my impressions are of the MC462 and C70 combo :). Yeah, the A7 Illusion is a spectacular design. The first time I heard them, I was tricked into thinking there was an acoustic piano playing in the room :D. Chuck from McIntosh told me there were only 10 pairs made ($50,000 each), so it’s unlikely I’ll find another person on AK who has an opinion of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom