It followed me home ma... Can I keep it??

I answered a CL add for a CR620 for $20. The add said it didnt work. I kind of wanted a beater to practice a recap on before I attempted it on my good stuff. He said hed deliver it to my work Monday morn. He showed up at 8, I gave him the 20 and took the receiver into work and set it up on the work bench. Hooked a makeshift antenna and headphones and it played! blew it out some and let it play most the day. it seemed okay through the headphones. He said it didnt work and he had researched it, saying he thought it was the transistor on the amp board with the heatsink needing resoldering. When I got it home I hooked it up to some speakers and after a few moments it crackled and popped, lost volume then came back. Ok, opened it up and De0xed the pots and switches. Now tell me if this is a no-no, I sprayed DeOx on the boards and took some glue brushes and brushed them down real good, componet side and solder side. That seemes to have fixed it. I let it play through the speakers for a couple of hours. It seems fine now. I thought I had found one of the uber rare champagne colored ones!! ;) Till I wiped it with some cleaner.. Must of been in a smokers house. The wife just rolled her eyes when she saw me come in with another receiver under my arm. $20 and delivered.. cant beat that!

Brutal.......

I have been watching Mr. Creasote and I think, at the pace he is going collecting Yamies, you will soon be detroned as Yamaha top hoarder.:yes:

Brutal.......

I have been watching Mr. Creasote and I think, at the pace he is going collecting Yamies, you will soon be detroned as Yamaha top hoarder.:yes:

lol. I've 2 of many of them... :D

Still more not listed. Last year was supposed to be vinyl collecting and I still couldn't avoid a few more pieces.

Back
Top Bottom