It happened again

ZebraBlvd

Lunatic Member
I was minding my own business today when BAM. This cute little TT showed up.

It looked like it could use a good home. Like I said before, I'm a sucker for puppies and TT's.

I really need any information that anyone has on this table, monetary value is not needed. I'm sure it's worth every bit of the 10 bucks I paid for it. I'll do the usual search and see what I can come up with. But I rteally need to find out about the anti-skate on this. I have a part (laying beside TA in one of the pics) that looks like it is a counter balance for something. Plus I think this model also had a string weight based upon what I see.

TIA for any information guy's. I guess it would help if I identify it. It is a Sansui SR-525.

Attachments

• sansui1.jpg
    sansui1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
  • sansui2.jpg
    sansui2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 70
  • sansui3.jpg
    sansui3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 35
My old Fisher (ca. '78) has a very similar tonearm and the weight hangs on the platter side, behind the fulcrum off at an angle toward the back. Never figured it out and it works great so I left it alone. The fulcrum (or what ever it's really called) is different, though. Maybe we can both learn something here....
Dan

My Kenny has a similar arm, but I'm having a hard time seeing those pics ZB, can you brighten them up a little?

Here are some pics I tried to brighten up without loosing too much contrast.

Damn I got to learn how to operate this dang camera.

From my observations the string weight hangs between the TA and the outside towards the plinth. If I could findout the weight of the weight I'm sure I could make my own.

Attachments

• sansui1a.jpg
    sansui1a.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 29
  • sansui2a.jpg
    sansui2a.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 31
  • sansui3a.jpg
    sansui3a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
Divotdog said:
Is this similar?

Looks pretty dang close DD. What model Kenny is that?

If I can find your TA specs I should be able to come up with something with a little ciphering. Or I may get lucky and dig from the net the exact specs I need on my arm/weight. Thanks man, just the type of info I need.

That would be the 1033 in my sig, wish I had more info on it, I just used the old trial and error method on my set up :scratch2:

If you can get your hands on a test record you could determine the weight with a little trial and error experimenting using the antiskate setting track.

absolon said:
If you can get your hands on a test record you could determine the weight with a little trial and error experimenting using the antiskate setting track.
Thats how I set mine up, it seemed to work pretty well :thmbsp:

It's not clear from the photos, but is that thing beside the TA a weight mounted on a rod, or is it a permanently mounted post with a rod to hang the anti-skate weight from? If it's a loose weight then it's probably for lateral balance of the TA and the rod part goes into a hole on the left side (looking from the front) of the TA pivot. At a guess. :D

I think the weighted string thing is correct; it looks like a couple of TTs in my stash with similar dangling weights. Don't know any specifics about the weight for that particular TT, though. In a pinch, if you lose the counterweight you can substitute with a small lead fishing "sinker" and a bit of strong thread or thin fishline. Tie a loop (bowline knot is best) on one end of the line, put it in place where it will dangle to get the length right, then clamp the weight on the other end. You can experiment either with different weights and positions and/or by shaving down a weight to get the weight and positioning correct for the anti-skating.

Incidentally, that shore is one purdy li'l TT! :yes: :thmbsp: Can't blame you for "rescuing" it.

Back
Top Bottom