It is no wonder any HIFI gear makes it safely to it's final destination...

If I was the person getting the package...I wouldn't have accepted anything less than a new item and that driver's job. Saying they don't know who it is...it's bull. These places start mapping out how a package is going to be delivered before it's even close to it's final destination and on a truck. They SHOULD be able to tell from tracking what truck that monitor was on...and who was driving that truck. UPS has an idea of how your package is going to get delivered as soon as they have the info in the system.

No, if I was that person, I'd be pitching and throwing a fit at FedEx and refusing to accept any apology till that driver is fired. End of story.

That's what happens when everything in a country is dictated by lowest price instead of quality of service. In a world where everybody bitches about how much things cost, and isn't willing to go to any amount of effort to search out quality, and only shops on speed and price, this is what you get. You can't live in a WalMart world and expect to get anything different than a giant box filled with shit. In this case, broken shit.

Ah, where's my coffee :)?

Goddammit, John, my coffee is all over the keyboard and down the front of my shirt.
Succinctly put, quoted for truth my friend. Stole the words right out of my mouth.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=412154

What could have been classic video, if....................................

After the Fedex guy tosses the monitor over the fence and start walking back to his truck.
Two BIG guys come running out of the gate, grab him, and drag him kickin'-n'-screamin' back inside.
Then the security camera shows nothing for about 10 seconds, until you see the Fedex driver sailing OVER the fence, and landing hard on the driveway.

Steve

Person was at home with the front door open at time of delivery

Here's the link to the rest of the story.

Mike Krumboltz reports:
It was the monitor toss seen 'round the world. FedEx has responded to a viral video that showed one of the company's drivers throwing a (now broken) computer monitor over a fence.

The statement reads: The situation has now been resolved to the customer's satisfaction, and we are handling the employee according to our disciplinary policies...While we continue to be surprised about the behavior shown, we know this is an aberration and is not reflective of the outstanding FedEx customer service that makes us proud around the world.
"I want you to know that I was upset, embarrassed, and very sorry for our customer’s poor experience," said Matthew Thornton, a FedEx senior vice president. "We have met with the customer face to face and they already have a replacement monitor at no cost to them. They have accepted our apology and say they are fully satisfied with what we've done in response to this unacceptable delivery."
The clip has racked up more than 2 million views. In the video's description, the poster writes, "The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken." The footage appears to come from a surveillance camera.
There is no word on what sort of disciplinary action will be taken against the employee. However, a spokeswoman for the company told the U.K.'s Daily Mail, this won't be his best day.

They showed more of those kind of videos on the news here this morning.
Not good. That will put a dent in your receiver .....

John M

:worried: I saw that clip yesterday on our news here..sad....I am expecting a new subwoofer from PE soon, and after seeing that clip, I am "trying" not to have "bad thoughts"...:sigh:

G'day mate, delivery people are normally pretty careful here in this country (Australia), but I guess these delivery people are under a lot of pressure to deliver. Rather sad really. :yes: We've just got a very similar TV in the last few days and the delivery man was very careful in delivery! Regards, Felix aka catman.

Last edited:
FedEx guy tosses flatscreen TV over fence - delivered!

I checked and didn't see this posted here. Video of a FedEx worker who was caught on a homeowner's surveillance camera "delivering" their new flatscreen TV by simply tossing it over the fence, has gone viral on YouTube. The homeowner claims they were home at the time, with the door open. There are a number of similar videos on YouTube catching UPS and FedEx workers tossing packages and walking away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-NfuONvPU

Last edited:
Too bad you can't see the homeowners dog chained up right off camera flipping out. He should've red flagged the address as undeliverable instead of tossing the package to the dog. My take on this- YMMV:D

Now there's a UPS video sporting a delivery man giving the camera the finger and tossing his package on the steps too.

http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/another-delivery-debacle-27676039.html

Workers like that should be severely disciplined or fired IMO. They're bad PR and a liability to their employers (excessive claims for damage), although I suspect UPS/FedEx would just find some reason to not pay for damaged goods. Even if expenses don't increase due to increased payments, there are still costs involved in the handling of customer claims.

Too bad you can't see the homeowners dog chained up right off camera flipping out. He should've red flagged the address as undeliverable instead of tossing the package to the dog. My take on this- YMMV:D

A dog? You're absolutely correct. Many years ago, I was a mail carrier and dogs were a constant menace in the little town where I worked. Nothing worse for a mailman, than a dog in a fenced yard with the mailbox on the porch! I went through a can of mace a month.

It seems most people would like to have that guy's head on a pike without any other info. I'm not condoning his behavior but most times nothing happens in a vacummm. Sometimes people snap when confronted with conflicting demands. The bosses tell you to hurry while the customer tells you to wait until they finish their phone call to receive their package.

Fedex says that they've moved this jerk to a position where he doesn't interact with customers. They did NOT say that he wasn't still handling packages.

I shipped a battery powered recording g-meter with a number of Fedex and UPS packages a while back. UPS, on the average, drops your packages (the equivalent of) 15 feet onto concrete at least once in every shipment. Fedex and USPS average about 10 feet. All of them registered multiple 5 foot drops.

Back
Top Bottom