It looks to me like Sonos has really f&@#ked up

RichPA

Don't drive angry
Subscriber
Upgraded to the new iOS controller, and I find it almost unusable. The best thing I can say is that it's not only not intuitive, it's different in a way that produces massive interference from knowing how to use the new version. Fortunately, with my current mix of Bluesound and Sonos devices, it's not the main way I access music, but really? One of the major strengths of the Sonos system has always been its controller interface.

On the bright side, the Windows app I sometimes use is still fine, and I will reject requests to update until I hear that they've got things fixed.

Anyone know how to roll back the iOS update?

Funny, I find it much improved. It's exactly like the new dock on iOS 11, with the nav buttons readily available across the bottom. Very intuitive. However, with the new Alexa voice control, I rarely use the app anymore.

Opinion is quite split on the Sonos community forums, but a lot of people feel the way I do about it. I guess I'll get used to it.

Lots of yelling there the last time there was a major update to the UI, too. Now that UI is seen by some as great. Sigh. Some people simply resist change. Keep in mind that there are millions of Sonos customers, and a few dozen whiners with every change. Puts it in perspective. Any change to this UI, and the cycle will repeat itself.

Remember all the teeth gnashing when this forum’s software was updated? How many now would really want to return to the old software? Other forums still use it, and it’s terrible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom