It was nice to participate...

Audio Flynn

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am Audio Flynn and I have issues. Audio is a very gratifying part of my life. Travel is a large part of my worklife so when i get home i sort of "hole up" and play music.

It is the anti-drug for my kids. We have in the house...

-piano
-drum kit
-flute
-trumpet
-French Horn (what do they call it in France?)
-Mellophone
-a few recorders
-junky nylon string guitar (had to sell my Guild 22 years ago for rent money)

It was my first time to an event of this kind since delving in to audio back in HS about 27 years ago. Really cool setting and such freindly attendees.

Just looking at the music software titles people brought was great. I really need to buy White Stripes "Elephant".

Making the wrong turn on HT technology about 5 years ago; in the past year and a half I have been on this horn speaker and tube amp path. For now...

it really sounds like music again.

Not many people i know of in the sphere of local area and work understand my pasion for music reproduction.

My kids have the hang of it and my wife comes along for the ride.

She still does nto like cueing up an LP though.

Look forward to learing and correspponding

Rick - I'm with you, though I'm still trying to milk good music out of my HT system! :) I don't have quite as much time to sit down and listen to music as I used to - 2 year olds seem to consume an inordinate amount of time! She won't be 2 forever, though. And she does seem to like alot of the music I listen to.

I HAVE to try tubes one of these days. But the horn-speaker thing has become an addiction. Those LaScalas and Choruses you guy had set up sounded great. I'm going to hang on to my RF-7's though, because right now the wife would kill me if I tried to bring LaScalas into the house!

Good to meet another Livonia Klipscher!

Back
Top Bottom