It's 8:05...

p1pedream

Hello to all:

My name is SJ and I don't think I've ever posted here before.

I am fortunate enough to have some great Marantz gear -- and cursed by being a musician looking for that certain sound.

I am also a car guy, but lack the electronic gift. I'd label myself as "dangerous" -- I can do some things like change out speakers, solder in new ones (not well), and try very hard to use the right stuff when doing anything, but I don't understand much more than THD and RMS. It's gotten me through so far.

I recently have managed to get pretty sick, which has me hanging around the house more than I want. That, and winter sucks. However, I found a pair of Imperial 9's in CA because of this -- I'd rather be lucky than good? Anyway, they just arrived, so I hope to learn a lot about keeping these monsters "right." I replaced a pair of Mission speakers with these and my wife is as thrilled as I am...

Best,

SJ

Welcome aboard! Wow - Imperial 9's! Make sure you check out the surrounds on the mids. Those are the first to perish - and they're the most fun to replace! :)

Hello SJ, and welcome to the AK forum. If you don't mind doing a little searching and reading you should be able to find exactly what you need. If unable to find what you are looking for just create a new thread and ask away. Enjoy!

Hi SJ and welcome to AK. Very cool gear you have! Congrats on the Marantz 9 speakers too:thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Thank you everyone.

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner, my Mum is aging and has managed to fall and crack her head open. After many stitches, she seems ok.

Much to learn here. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom