It's a start...

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by kretinus, Jan 15, 2018.

1. kretinus

kretinus squanto was a fool Subscriber

Also got the new grill cloth, 3 layers bonded, the outer fabric, a thin open cell foam and a thin mesh, prolly not the best for these frames but workable, the next two will be easier and come out better, the dimples around the scews are a combination of the thickness of the material and broken screw holes in the frame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nightwisher likes this.
  2. kretinus

My QSC USA 850 arrived today, so now the power end of things is a true blue family affair, and with the Rane GE 14 coming Saturday, I'll have no more room and i can focus on the mains

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kretinus

My new very clean Rane GE 14, a couple hours listening and tweaking and I look at the final curve and wonder why I bothered...

[​IMG]

4. kretinus

http://www.design-av.com/used/RaneGE27Man.pdf

"If you don’t have an analyzer (such as the Rane RA 27), then you will have to resort to Section 2408, paragraph 84-B of the Performing Musicians Code, which reads: “Fiddle with it until it sounds good.”

turnitdown likes this.
  5. kretinus

I've been using an assortment of adapters and patch cables I had laying around to connect everything, so now that I have the rack done, I invested in some new cables and got everything tucked away neatly, still waiting on one set of speaker cables. Also got the best set of JBLs mounted to the wall, quick and dirtt, screwed through a 1X6 plate between the studs directly into the cabs with 6 screws holding each one. The bad news is I missed out on a set of JBL MR 838s, the good news is I missed out on lugging them down the stairs and trying to make room for them without my wife freaking out.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

motorstereo likes this.