It's Alive!!!!

We still do not know what happened. All we have heard is that "There was a problem".

We still do not know what happened. All we have heard is that "There was a problem".
And you are demanding a answer as if you are a Boss or something ??

Its not what is important IMHO as the site is back.

Frannie

And you are demanding a answer as if you are a Boss or something ??

Its not what is important IMHO as the site is back.

Frannie
You seem a little touchy there Frannie. There was no demanding tone at all. I would just like to know why and by whom so I can go over there and TP their house.

You seem a little touchy there Frannie. There was no demanding tone at all. I would just like to know why and by whom so I can go over there and TP their house.
Usually determining the "Cause" can take longer to determine than the actual fix.

So in the spirit of letting the staff focus on recovery I am saying perhaps we can dispense with the "Cause" requests.

Frannie

Saying everything that is known or thought might be of help to the malicious ones out there, if there are malicious ones out there....

Thanks Luther, and all that helped to scrub the site of the issues.

I can see poor Wardsweb AKA Luther all weekend:

108273623-man-wearing-superhero-mask-holding-vacuum-gettyimages.jpg

and under his breath saying "Who let that virus in, and what the F bomb is this crap, well no bloody wonder the whole thing fell over" Then yelling - "Grumpy! Tell Brindabella to stop posting pics"

Rob :)

Usually determining the "Cause" can take longer to determine than the actual fix.

So in the spirit of letting the staff focus on recovery I am saying perhaps we can dispense with the "Cause" requests.

Frannie
My OP was actually rhetorical. I certainly do not expect the techs to even acknowledge my post as like you said "they are busy right now". However; I would not mind a little input from unoccupied members speculating on the cause/culprits .

However; I would not mind a little input from unoccupied members speculating on the cause/culprits .

Well according to WardsWeb the database got corrupted. Cause / culprits? Perhaps somebody gave me a like and that caused integer overflow.

pacman.png

My OP was actually rhetorical. I certainly do not expect the techs to even acknowledge my post as like you said "they are busy right now". However; I would not mind a little input from unoccupied members speculating on the cause/culprits .
Last time I checked this a "Free" audio appreciation forum.

Anything past Audio Appreciation and for those who bring it to us is missing the point.

And this is for anyone who is a subscriber. You also don't get a vote on how the site functions , how its run or special explanations.

People need to get back to posting silly videos , album covers , animals balanced precariously on gear and not concern themselves with how a server/program broke.

If you want discussions about that I am sure there are many "Boring" venues for that.

Frannie

I'm glad that's over. Thanks staff for the resurrection! :)

So I lost a few posts, but that was a fun thread wherever it went. My first indication things had changed was when I checked in just before bedtime and saw I had an alert of an Inbox message. It turned out to be one from Tuesday, pre meltdown. A few conversations since then were gone. A-ha!

Anyway, no great loss for me and I'm glad we're back.

Last time I checked this a "Free" audio appreciation forum.

Anything past Audio Appreciation and for those who bring it to us is missing the point.

And this is for anyone who is a subscriber. You also don't get a vote on how the site functions , how its run or special explanations.

People need to get back to posting silly videos , album covers , animals balanced precariously on gear and not concern themselves with how a server/program broke.

If you want discussions about that I am sure there are many "Boring" venues for that.

Frannie
C'mon, the guy said the question was rhetorical. His natural human curiosity may not be satisfied for a number of reasons, but is just asking so blinkin' out of line?

C'mon, the guy said the question was rhetorical. His natural human curiosity may not be satisfied for a number of reasons, but is just asking so blinkin' out of line?
No asking is OK and honestly answers have been given.

But I doubt most of these "Asks" have any real constructive purpose.

Frannie

What? Now you tell me.

Glad the site is back up and many thanks to those who got it working again.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom