It's been a long time

bmeister

Good morning, my name is Bruce and like I said, it's been a long time. I took electronics as a vocation in high school and trade school but boy that was a long time ago. It has always been kind of a pastion of mine but I got side tracked in life. I am retired now and decided that I would like to get back into my passion. I have been collecting equipment and stuff from way back when and now hope to get a little help from the forum. I have forgotten an awful lot of what I learned but the ashes are still warm and maybe with a little help we can get the fire going again.

Welcome aboard! Lot of knowledgeable folks here,and of course, lots of info to be had on the net. Bob

Welcome! Pick your forum & ask away...loads of experts on solid state, tube gear, turntables, speakers & you name it around here

Hiya Bruce and welcome to AK. May the audio gods smile upon you and enjoy your audio journey.

Welcome to the fray!

tenor.gif

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Lot of us are still in the mode of catching up, not to worry.

With the interest you seem to have, it won't take much to stoke that "fire".

Q

Welcome Bruce! Be careful, in this hobby, lighting a small fire becomes a raging inferno in no time! :)

Well Hello!

I was just thinking about the old high school electronics class ... would have been 1979-82. There wasn't much I couldn't repair back then ... it was by far my favorite class. They don't have those classes anymore. I even had a couple years in college electronics before changing to "computers". I did some successful searching online and if you dig in here; there are links to lots of online resources. No shortage of free advice and I have followed some pretty involved posts. It fascinating just how much knowledge is contained within this site. Setup a bench, pick up a few pieces of test equipment and I think you might surprise yourself. I also found a few of the old textbooks for sale on eBay. I envy you - my plan is to do exactly what you're doing when I retire. When I finally have the time to dig in, maybe start with some basic tube gear and see where I end up.

Good luck!

Hey Bruce, welcome. I found "Understanding Electronics" helpful, a small book that is basic. I also found "Understanding Modern Electronics" helpful, done by Great Courses and Dr. Richard Wolfson. His style is practical, friendly, fun, interesting. He's a bit quirky, but clearly loves what he does, and also knows a ton of useful down-to-earth stuff. He's into audio as well and uses it to describe things. Good luck and welcome back to the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom