It's been pure hell!!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Man this has been a horrible week here weather wise. Yesterday it was 106 F! 106 :eek: !! In Central Maine for cripesakes!!! On top of that we have had massive humudity, it is so bad if you spill water on the floor and don't wipe it up it is still there the next day! And for my own personal misery add to that a woman who is scared to death of lightning storms and makes me close the windows and take the fans out of them at night!!! Can you say no sleep? Last night at 6:30 pm my thermostat read 95 degrees!! 95! In my house! Today wasn't much better but tonite it is better and the weather man say 80's with less humidity tommorow :smsex: Thank the lord!! I ain't built for this kind of weather fellas! Whatta I gotta do? Move to Alaska?

P.S. If anyone has emailed me I am sorry I haven't replied I am on DSL now so my email is screwed till I switch it back to cable to check it and it's been too damm hot to do that!!

Ah Thor,

Winter down here this time of the year ... a nice cool, crisp 18 C (= 64 F) ...

During summer here it can get up to mid-30's (say ard 95 F), and maybe a bit further on really hot days. Fortunately we got air con in the house so it keeps it cool.

But central heating is on now ... brrrr cold at night ...

:)

Last edited:
Here it's cold (it can get to -2 C or 30F at night ). It's winter here.

Right this minute it's around 40ºF - a bit cold for my taste.

Chris

Walt do you have the humidity tho?? That is what is really the killer.

Jay my woman is a freaking psycho when it comes to weather she is convinced that if lightning hits the house it will blow it up, she even refuses to talk on cordless phones and cell phone for fear lightning will hit the phone :confused: I have explained grounding and stuff like that but she doesn't believe it :(

Thor you need this nifty new invention. It's called central air conditioning. Yesterday it was 35 C here ( about 100F) and in my house it was 69F with about 52% humidity. You could probably swap the CV's for a nice 3 ton unit and never worry about sweating your nuts off again!!:gigglemad

Mike

Temps dropping like a rock here finally !. Hopefully you will got some relief by tomorrow night:yippy:

yeah A/C's are key in this weather. I have 1/2 my apt closed off and am cooling the other 1/2 with a little thrift store ($40) 5k btu A/C ...works well!

Thor - yes we get the humidity as well, up to 80% ... sweaty as hell!!

But as I said we have A/C in the house so it's not a problem for us larger boys ;) just get in the house, park your a$$ in front of the TV/stereo with a cold brew and RELAX ... :D

:rolleyes: Hey Thor:eek:

My family back in Minneapolis is going thru the same sort of thing. I've been out here in California for a while so I'd have trouble with that ungodly humidity.:uzi:

I grew up in a 100+ year old farm house with lousy insulation and no air conditionioing. I can remember nights so hot even the mosquitos wouldn't move. (For those who don't know, a Minnesota mosquito is roughly the size of a turkey, and have been known to carry off small children.)

Anyway, hang in there bud. Hopefully relief will come soon.

BTW, 91F here today, 27% humidity.

:D George:cool:

Oh my gawd it is actually cold here now!!! What the hell!!! They say it will get in the 50's tonight. Weird friggin weather. It will only make it worse when it gets humid again :(

Beleive you me I would like nothing better than even just one AC in the bedroom for relief, meebe when I get a job but right now it is not an option.

Back
Top Bottom