It's finally all here!

wizard_len

Hi all! I've been lurking for a while now, putting my system together. It finally is working and it is so great! I got an Elite M90 amp and C91 preamp out of California, an Elite PD-91 CD Player from Manitoba, an Elite F-91 tuner from Seattle, and Energy 22 Reference Connessieurs from Maryland. You gotta love the internet! I'm jamming now. Several of you helped out on the decisions on what to buy, so my thanks to you all. This Pioneer Elite stuff (early vintage) is phenomenal quality and has superb sound. I recommend it highly, but suggest you stay with the "Urishi" finish (Piano black with rosewood side panels). It is the best of the lot and, besides, it looks really classy!

BroonsBane said:
Great stuff! How do you like the Energy's? I'm a huge Energy fan.
The Energys' are fantastic. I used to sell them when they were current and owned a pair of the Pro22s. The Reference models are somewhat upgraded, matched within one-eighth decidel, etc., and have built-in stands with an additional bass port. Right now my room is too live, i.e., bare walls, wood floors, no squishy furniture, so everything is a little bright. I will soon tone it down and bring it back to balance. The M-90 has phenomenal damping that makes the bass punch you in the gut. I love it! Great speakers and highly recommended.

First attempt at picture

As requested, here is a picture of the Elite components. I just bought the camera and this is the first test picture. I need to learn to use it better, obviously, but this will give you an idea. :scratch2:

That one sucked so bad I removed it. I have added an MJ-17D Mini-Disc Recorder to the stack, so here is a second attempt, maybe a little better.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is that pic sideways? :)

Nice stack O' Pioneer there in any case! Not many Elite owners around here I think?

I really admired this stuff when it was new, could never afford it at the time. Seems to have been Pioneer's last gasp at making good SOLID Stereo gear. Nice to see a whole setup composed of PioneerElite!

And welcome to AK !

Yes, nice early Elite series, built in Japan. I have a 2003 Elite surround receiver, black piano finish, gold lettering, with the auto room equalizer, that really works shockingly well, with the EQ turned on it's wunderbar, but it's not built as well as your items there.

Back
Top Bottom