It's Here......

Right now I have it hooked up to a pair of ADS L470/2 speakers in mint condition. I quickly played a couple of CD's before having to head into work.

I also hooked up my Denon DP-59l and Otari MX5050 Bii, though I didn't have time to play either. Hopefully I'll get a chance to spin a few when I get home.

I'll post a few more pics soon.

Congrats! You will enjoy it. It was my 1st Mac piece as well. Sounded great with any speakers I paired it with!

Nice...I had also had Terry do a complete Recap. I would also change of the Main Caps. It does
make a difference even if they test out fine.

Congratulations and welcome to the asylum. For you it's over. Resistance is futile. We can't wait to see the next Mac piece you get. :) Enjoy your purchase.

Ditto on what Mike says.

Congratulations and good luck with your beautiful MA6100.

Thanks. I know about this addition. I relapsed a couple of years ago when I joined AK to learn how to repair a Yamaha PX-2.

There's just something about older gear. Besides the sound, the equipment has "dials". And what better way to be able to adjust and fine tune. Not to mention the look.

For the time being, the MA6100 will replace my Yamaha CR-1040, until I can drive it out to Knoxville. And yes, I've been drooling over analog tuners.

An MR74 or MR77 would perfectly compliment the MA6100.

Yea I know. I've been looking at them. But trying to wait until after I have Terry work on it.

I have to figure out how to repair the L12 cabinet. Not sure what it's really called, but the seams/edges of the cabinet have separated on the front, top and bottom.

I have the proper clamps. Just need to find an adhesive that will hold. I really don't want to have to use nails. Then refinishing the cabinet is way beyond my skill set.

I'm open to ideas from AK members or is there a separate forum that I need to check out?
20170308_182745-1.jpg 20170308_182806-1.jpg

I have never had great luck getting the particle board to draw together. Will your open seams draw tight?

If they do I think a epoxy would be the only glue that would glue the two already cured glue surfaces to bond.

I have a few cabinets also that have open seams so please post your results.

Thanks. I have quick-grip clamps that pull the seams together pretty good. I'll stop by Home Depot amd pick up some wood epoxy and see how that works.

The good thing is that when I slid the MA6100 out of the cabinet, it looks as good as new.

20170308_195409.jpg

It was probably in a humid area for a good while and then was transported to an arid area. Good luck with the repairs!

I've never had any luck either, however there are quite a few new bonding glues that may do the job. Only, that wood will always want to pull apart unless you can reintroduce a warm humid environment and then glue it all back together. The risk is that the wood will also expand.

Good 'ol wood glue worked very well repairing broken joints on the framework for a PB speaker grille. Held up well.

However for the cabinet, you'll probably have to grind the edges down a bit in order to get them to mate well, otherwise you'll have an ugly gap at joint.

This wasn't critical in the speaker frame however, as it was ultimately covered by grille cloth .

Good luck.

The particle board chunks, crumbs, just don't seem to want to line up for me.....and then because the original glue saturated the joint and cured within the particleboard wood granules you end up trying to glue old glue.

Guessing that I'll try to get in the joints with a small dremel tool to clean up, rough up the old surface before applying apoxy. Still need to stop by Home Depot.

Replaced the front panel lamps this morning. So she's looking nice, especially in the dark.

I'm working the next two Saturdays, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I czn get it out to Knoxville.

A corner clamp is the best device to use in that situation otherwise you will not be able to line it up properly nor apply enough pressure for a solid bond. They are cheap enough at HD or Lowes.

Back
Top Bottom