its my AK birthday

specialidiot

Break Glass, Smoke Lucky
User CP says I joined on November 8, 2006 so maybe its time I introduced myself. I'm Jeff, aka specialidiot. I've been specialidiot for at least 12 years - I registered the domain on the 'net when Al Gore was poopin yellow.

I've always been a music nut, and at the tender young age of 50 still go to several live shows a year whether at one of the many renovated theaters here in the Twin Cities or at my favorite venue - First Avenue. I also like the wide variety of live music at the Cedar Cultural Center.

My taste in music runs from the Amazing Rhythm Aces to Vivaldi and everything in between. I'm usually listening to something acoustic, classic rock, or jazz fusion. My all time favorite band is Little Feat.

I've been fiddling around with stereos most of my life and became disenchanted with today's gear so I got back into the stuff of my college days. Pioneer SX-x50 and Marantz 1060 were my first pursuits. Now I'm trending towards a bit higher end, dabbling in modern Bel Canto products, vintage McIntosh, and thinking about doing something with low powered tube amps.

My most recent acquisitions are a Mac 1900 receiver and a pair of Cornwalls.

I've been married for 17 years to a wonderful women and my best friend, and we have a 12.7 year old daughter who is as smart as a whip and wild about horses. I work in information security in the space/defense industry and also work as an expert witness on the side.

I look forward to meeting you in person sometime. You missed the last get together over here but maybe you can make the next one. :thmbsp:

RC

Howdy! Good to have you around. Now quit buyin' all the good stuff off the local CL! :D

I guess you could tell us a LITTLE more about what you do, but then you'd hafta kill all of us, right ? (grin)

Back
Top Bottom