It's not stereo gear but does anyone know value of my Pink Floyd cd

jeff spicoli

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I hope you guys can help me. I know this forum mostly deals with values of stereo gear. I had today off work and stopped at my local thrift shops. I found this Pink Floyd cd. I searched Discogs but could not find it. I finally went to the Pink Floyd Archives and found that my cd is a first issue.....I think?

I was wondering if anyone knew the value? It looks virtually unplayed and I had to remove the $2 sticker but I can clean the residue off. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20180706_182618.jpg
    20180706_182618.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20180706_182625.jpg
    20180706_182625.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180706_182705.jpg
    20180706_182705.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180706_182726.jpg
    20180706_182726.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 103
I can make out the centre lettering which makes it an early CBS Sony pressed in Japan. Appears to be an early case, but i can't tell from you pics.

It's not super rare, but in great condition nonetheless. Well done.

Thanks guys. It's identical to the first issue on the archive. The best 2 bucks I ever spent. I havnt listened to it yet but I will later when it's dark and everyone is sleeping and a adult. beverage

Thanks guys. It's identical to the first issue on the archive. The best 2 bucks I ever spent. I havnt listened to it yet but I will later when it's dark and everyone is sleeping and a adult. beverage
They are not worth a lot like SACD and Japanese imports, but I have been looking for one.
I just bought these long boxes witch are rare because they where thrown away and is a paper product. The Wall has the correct CDs and case, WYWH does not so I'd like to get the correct one.

IMG_1027.jpg IMG_1028.jpg IMG_1029.jpg IMG_1030.jpg IMG_1031.jpg

I don't think people are collecting mundane CD stuff yet. I know the nice deluxe long boxes are in a bit of a demand. Audiophile pressings and remastered box sets of an artist whole collection, things like that.

When I'm in the record store and unique CD stuff comes in I'might buy it.

I picked up these sealed in the store with a display box, I started a thread and not one member said hey those are nice, neat or otherwise.

IMG_2702.jpg IMG_2703.jpg IMG_2704.jpg

Sub tracks are accessed using :index buttons on your (vintage) CD player.

:Index keys disappeared pretty quickly. It was designed for classical recordings to break up pieces into parts without breaking into tracks.

You have a 1st or 2nd release there. Is the case edge smooth and does it have 'patent pending' moulded into the rear case, bottom right? If so, it is an original first release in an original case. Worth lots then.

Thanks for the tip John. Ill give it a listen later tonight. When I play something like this i like to be alone and really hear it. It sounds silly but I think its really special and special music gets treated differently with me.

That's not all that unusual. When I buy a new LP from Amazon, they often send me the email reminder to download it and begin listening to it right away. I never do that - I want to hear it in it's full analog glory first!

Have fun. [I very likely had a very early copy as well, but gave it to my ex-wife years ago when we split. I kept the WWYH I have on Sony Super Bit Map CD as well as the copy that came in the Shine On box set.]

I picked up these sealed in the store with a display box, I started a thread and not one member said hey those are nice, neat or otherwise.

Well I'll certainly say those are nice, neat, and otherwise! Hardest working man in show business!

Well I'll certainly say those are nice, neat, and otherwise! Hardest working man in show business!
Thanks it's about time:biggrin:
Really I started a thread on them and not one comment, it was the shortest thread I ever started.

I did some reaserch last night on the Hoffman forum and it was overwhelming to.say the least. There are hundreds of posts regarding these cds! I was up.till like 2 am

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom