It's on! AudioKarma Day at McIntosh Laboratories - Monday, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine the Mac forum will be quiet around this date, as most of ya will be in Binghamton!!! Thinking of this I realized that all of my relatives live in Binghamton. I made many trips there as a kid visting family. Why I never realized that the mac factory was located there is beyond me. I had an aunt who lived on Homer street and from what I found on the Mac site, that is very close to the factory. Who knows, maybe i will be there too. I am only about 6 hrs away.

still possible to join the tour?

I just came across this thread and I'd be interested in joining the tour if there's still room. Is it still open?
Thanks,
---Gary

Yes, I'm sure we'll have a few AK'ers drop out before the big day, so I'll add you to the list, Gary.

The factory

Hi folks,

Please see attached photo of the factory entrance. Another sunny day at the factory..

Ron-C

Congratulations Gary I've asked a number of times in a couple of threads if there is still room and have recieved no response. I'm originally from the area and would love to learn more about where I used to live and it's always nice to be able to visit family too.

mac

maybe it was just PM's and emails, sorry

Last edited:
MacAltec;

I'm sorry - I didn't see you post in this thread. If it was in another thread, I probably missed it. With just over three weeks to go, it's probably time to start workin' on a final count!

Here's the list - compiled from the previous posts to this thread and PM's I've received...

Myself
Grumpy
WhiteSE (and wife)
Billfort(and wife)
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp
BHinDC
Elling
Dflip
Styler
Negotiableterms(may switch to October?)
Nasadowsk(and guest)
Mick Bell
Al and Jane D'Addario
RichPA
Brian(???)
GaryB

So we're at 21 - The one's with question marks - I'm not sure if you're attending or not. Please let me know. If ANY PERSON listed above is NOT planning to attend, please let me know ASAP - either by responding to THIS thread, or PM'ing me. I think Grumpy said he wasn't coming, but I can't remember.

At any rate, if you let me know if you're dropping out, we can add people like MacAltec. Alternately, if anyone who isn't on the list above is PLANNING to attend, also let me know by responding to the thread, or PM me.

Please don't "surprise me" on August 8th. What I dread are people just *showing up* bright and early Monday, August 8th, from out of the thin blue sky who never responded to this thread or PM'd or e-mailed me. Either that, or half the people who say they're gonna attend no showing, and leaving people that wanted to go in the lurch.

Let's be respectful to McIntosh's wishes to limit the size to 20! They have offered another tour in October if there's interest - no sense in "party crashing" this one. LOL Thanks, everyone!

Cleve thank you. Sorry about being short. I thought I had replied to this thread but I was wrong. I have sent PM's but I think they were directed at ron-c. I did not realize that you were the one to contact.Once again please forgive my rudeness. If I could get myself and my father (who recently joined AK and his name is wannamac) in for Aug. that'd be great. If not put us down for the Oct. tour. Thanks again.

mac

Cleve:

I am going to attend, but was wondering about the possibility of bringing my nephew along for company on the trip. He is 19 and would just be observing. It is about a 5 hour trip from Toronto and I am thinking about making the trip down and back in the same day. Company would make the drive a lot easier.

Tell me what you think.

Don

Dflip said:
Cleve:

I am going to attend, but was wondering about the possibility of bringing my nephew along for company on the trip. He is 19 and would just be observing. It is about a 5 hour trip from Toronto and I am thinking about making the trip down and back in the same day. Company would make the drive a lot easier.

Tell me what you think.

Don

Dflip;

I don't know if that will work or not. We're a bit over the 20 limit right now. Most of the members listed above have not responded as to whether they're definitely attending or not.

Please, if you're on my last list, let me know whether attending or dropping out, so we can add members who definitely want to go. Thanks again!

Jim

Well, count me out....

My new job (High School Teacher) starts friday Aug 5th...MO'Fers start so freaking early......!

Ok, here's the list as of 7/19/05 -

Myself - CONFIRMED - :)
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
Dflip - CONFIRMED
Styler
Nasadowsk(and guest) - Guest unconfirmed.
Mick Bell and wife - CONFIRMED
Al and Jane D'Addario
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB

I'm switching this over to the AK News Forum - so that it stays on the main AK page. Please, if it doesn't say "CONFIRMED" after your name, PM me or reply here on whether you still plan to attend or not.

MacAltec, Dflip - we're still at 20 - please be patient until the others respond. I *think* there's a few people who will drop out.

Thanks, Gary! Here's the updated list -

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
Dflip - CONFIRMED
Styler
Al and Jane D'Addario
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB - CONFIRMED

Still MANY AK'ers that need to confirm. Post here or send me a PM. Thanks.

confirmation

This post is to confirm Al & Jane D'Addario will be attending.

I'm gonna bring my 1900 for a tune-up. Can't wait!

Al D'Addario

Al, I'm going to bring my 4100 and my 2205. It will suck to be without McIntosh for a couple weeks, but I've got my Sansui to console me. :)

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
Dflip - CONFIRMED
Styler
Al and Jane D'Addario - CONFIRMED
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB - CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom