It's on! AudioKarma Day at McIntosh Laboratories - Monday, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who's an editor of an overseas Audiophile Magainze, he may be interested in coming, are there any more rooms ?

Beetlezipp

nasadowsk said:
Me and my friend are IN :thmbsp:

Great! Here's the most recent list...

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
Dflip - CONFIRMED
Styler
Negotiableterms(may switch to October?)
Nasadowsk and friend - CONFIRMED
Mick Bell and wife - CONFIRMED
Al and Jane D'Addario - CONFIRMED
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB - CONFIRMED

13 are confirmed, and 6 are unconfirmed. I just realized - because some wives dropped out, we have one spot open. So I'm PM'ing MacAltec to see if he still wants it as he was the first to ask. Beetlezip, we're limited to 20, and there's a few people queing up for the open spots, so I have to give the people who asked first preference. However, it's still possible there will be room.

Grumpy, Styler, et al.... Could you PLEASE confirm your attendance? Thanks.

August 8th would be ideal for me. I am about a 4 hour country drive from Bing.
If a spot opens, I'm there. If not, I'm open to a second date should one materialize.
How long is the tour?
Can I bring my 1700 for tweaking?
Don't forget about AudioClassics. They're located in Vestal, NY a few miles outside Bing. Maybe we could hook up with them while we're in the neighborhood...
-Bucky

A quick update - I sent PM's tonight to the remaining 6 unconfirmed AK'ers. You folks waiting to find out if you can attend - please be patient. If we get cancellations, I'll let you know.

MacALTEC couldn't attend, so I PM'd Dflip - he was next in line - he wanted to bring his nephew.

Now that business is out of the way, on to the fun stuff! I had a pleasant conversation with Steve Rowell, President of Audio Classics. Steve's excited about meeting us and promised a great afternoon of auditioning equipment. So when we adjourn from McIntosh, we can head over to Audio Classics for the remainder of the day. Some might have to leave after McIntosh, but I would urge you, if at all possible, to stick around and go to AC. It's a great place that every audiophile should have the opportunity to visit.

EDIT;

Dflip just confirmed that his nephew is attending, so we're at 14 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed.

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
Dflip and nephew - CONFIRMED
Styler
Negotiableterms(may switch to October?)
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB - CONFIRMED

Last edited:
This sounds like a good time for all. As far as the factory tour it takes about one hour. I would like to divide the group in half and half go on the factory tour while the other half spend time in the engineering department. Yes, we will put you in the anechoic chamber! We should start this at 9:00 at the factory lobby.
Charlie Randal, President of McIntosh will give the tour and hand out souvenirs. Mary Savidge can set you up with any Mc stuff you might want to buy. This is Mc shirts, jackets, key fobs, license plate frames, etc.

Around 11:30 anyone who wants will be taken to lunch on McIntosh at Prontos, a restaurant about one mile from the factory. If anyone wants to have breakfast this will be at Rolandos, one block from the Royal and I will buy. Maps will be given out at the Grand Royal when you check in. For those not staying at the Royal please contact Mary Savidge at the factory for your map. The factory number is 607-723-3512 of course.

After lunch off to Audio Classics for sure. For those of you who want to go to Cooperstown, NY wine country, the finger lakes, etc. Mary can help with directions.

Thanks again,
Ron-C

Switched to October

Cleve said:
Hello; Just a quick note to confirm your attendance at Audio Karma Day at McIntosh on Aug 8th. PLEASE let me know whether or not you can make it! Thanx!!!!

Ckeve-

Your PM box won't take any more messges, so I'm replying here.
I posted a long time ago that I wanted to go in October and was switching from August. I haven't been following the thread, so didn't know you were still counting me. Let someone else go, please!

Thanks!

Sorry about that - I sent and received a lot of PMs yesterday regarding this event that filled it up.

Ok, I'll take you from the list. Thanks for the reply

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Grumpy -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Bill Allan
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC
Elling - CONFIRMED
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian(???)
GaryB - CONFIRMED

Total - 18

Negotiableterms said:
Ckeve-

Your PM box won't take any more messges, so I'm replying here.
I posted a long time ago that I wanted to go in October and was switching from August. I haven't been following the thread, so didn't know you were still counting me. Let someone else go, please!

Thanks!

Last edited:
IMPORTANT- ROOMS at ROYAL

Folks,

Only seven rooms have been booked at the Grand Royal. I have asked them to hold the other 14 rooms through tomorrow evening then they will be gone.
There are no rooms at the area hotels for this weekend. We must be fair to the Royal and let these go if no one wants them. If you want a room please step up NOW to avoid staying in Albany...Ha!

Thanks,
Ron-C

Aug 7

Just reserved a room for myself on Aug the 7th :smoke:

Hope its not the haunted room......

BTW, what time does the tour start ? Are we meeting at the factory at 9am or something ?

Good idea Rich!

I'll be getting in Saturday night if anybody else is and wants to hook up for conversation/dinner/drinks.

There are 6 bars in the same block as the Grand Royal hotel :beerchug: ...

Tom and Martys is where the adults hang...

I like breakfast so I will buy if anyone wants at Rolandos which is 1.5 blocks away at 7:30...

We will have maps to the factory which is a 10 minute drive..

Anyone can ask Mary Savidge at the factory for a map by mail if they are not staying at the Royal. (607-723-3512) The Royal will have maps at the front desk when you check in, just tell them you are with McIntosh..

Ron-C

beetlezipp said:
BTW, what time does the tour start ? Are we meeting at the factory at 9am or something ?

That's a good point, Beetle. Since so many are staying overnight, why don't we all meet in the parking lot of the Royal about 8:40 AM? Then we can ride together. I will have room for 3 or 4 passengers in my SUV, and I believe RichPA is bringing his minivan which has room for 5-6 passengers. Another car or two and we'll be able to accomodate the entire group.

Convoy! It is easy to get from the Royal to the factory. Mary's map is key and yes leaving around 8:40 would be a good idea. I would like to get a group photo on the steps in front of the factory. Maybe we can post it on the Mc Web site..

Thanks,
Ron-C

If I make it on time, I may meet you at the hotel, but if I am running late (drive from Toronto), I will meet you at the factory. I have already located it on my software at home and know where I am headed.

I have a room booked for the Monday night at the Grand Royale as my nephew and I plan to visit Cooperstown on the way back the next day. He is 19 and a baseball fan, and jumped at the chance to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Myself, I would head in the other direction and visit Watkins Glen after seeing where my MC-30's were made.

Looking forward to the tour and seeing many of you in Binghamton.

Folks;

Here's an updated attendance list...

Myself - CONFIRMED -
Billfort - CONFIRMED
Beetlezipp - CONFIRMED
BHinDC -
Elling - CONFIRMED
RichPA - CONFIRMED
Brian
GaryB - CONFIRMED

As you can see, we've dropped numbers down to 14 confirmed and 16 total. If anybody wants to go, there's room for at least 4 more AK'ers on the tour. If you're interested, either reply here or PM me. If you are going and AREN'T on the list, let me know also. Thanks!

Cleve said:
and I believe RichPA is bringing his minivan which has room for 5-6 passengers.

Yes indeed I am. And I'll tell the story of the last time I had 6 passengers in there (all were Buddhist monks - no kidding).

Audio Classics

For those of you lucky enough to be going to the AK McIntosh tour, you may be interested in this article about Audio Classics:

Audio Classics

It was written by Ken Kessler - the author who is writing the McIntosh "history" book.

VintageMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom