Its so great when agencies cooperate together - TX bomber dead dead dead

quaddriver

120 What?'s per channel
Subscriber
You have to read between the lines of the news reports and understand the technology used because the reporters dont know, but the skinny is:

he cell phone gave him up. Since cell phones check in and register themselves tower to tower (that way the system knows WHERE to ring you up at, way different from the old analog *8 days) they had a database of all phones in the area. someone (likely at an agency that rhymes with hen-essay) collated the data and brought it down to a subset - prolly more than one number) that clocked in at each location before each blast...then using the numbers found, ran a check of the drivers license photo in the state database, and compared that to cams all over the area AND at locations where stuff might have been bought to make said bomb and built a case.

They tracked him during the evening as he drove to set off his latest creation and moved in for the pinch. He blew up we know, but word is sketchy if he was shot before hand and it was a last minute activation.

Dont commit crimes! (and if you do want to, dont own a cell phone)

My understanding from the Unibomber profiler who was working this case, and was on NPR yesterday,
was they were looking for a breakthrough - such as, he bought 10 penny nails to put in the bombs as shrapnel
(scumbag!!) - so once they identified the actual nails, they could track down purchases of such nails in the area,
and pin that down further to individual suspect(s).
Finding the unexploded bomb yesterday really moved them forward with that kind of research.

My understanding from the Unibomber profiler who was working this case, and was on NPR yesterday,
was they were looking for a breakthrough - such as, he bought 10 penny nails to put in the bombs as shrapnel
(scumbag!!) - so once they identified the actual nails, they could track down purchases of such nails in the area,
and pin that down further to individual suspect(s).
Finding the unexploded bomb yesterday really moved them forward with that kind of research.
didnt the bomber for the boston race use nails or something as well?

To see some examples of how good the security camera systems are, check out the National Geographic magazine for February, 2018.

another thing that came to mind...unless you are a cash customer only and wear a mask, just about every store with a scanner/register ties each item to a shopper card, bank card, etc and facial image....what do you think that glass dot is on the register total screen and the credit card machine.....

goto giant eagle and scan your card to get the sales? everything you brought is in your history. goto lowes? lowes brags to me every trip that they have a list of the crap I got to remodel this house.

Its about time, that this data which on the surface is collected innocently, is used to capture bad guys. since the collectors of the data (giant eagle, lowes etc) sell it to marketers who use it to market to you (still think spam email is 'random'?) putting it to good use is a nice change...

just keep putting tape over the forward facing camera on your puter and phone...cuz we turn them on at random times or when we hear certain words over the mic, which we turn on always.

at any rate, look at the good that is done when they cooperate.

didnt the bomber for the boston race use nails or something as well?
All these mass-murders want to inflict maximum damage to their "enemies" so they fill their bomb
with ball bearings, nails, sheet rock screws and all kinds of evil shit to wound and kill as many people as possible. Maximum damage.
The REALLY evil ones set 2 bombs - the first to wound lots of people,
and the second to go off minutes later and wound and kill all those who come to offer help and aid the wounded.
I have no mercy for those kind of killers.

Back
Top Bottom