It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

test.jpg
9a5ab135-1bb5-44c5-8863-a133c8fe787c.jpg

'Bigfin Squid'. Independence Day aliens. inspiration much?

Forget about deep frying, this is how I do it...

photos-1-10.jpg
I love those birds! A good few years ago, on my way home from work, I was feeling depressed and spotted a large cage of them in a pet shop. I went in to look at them and all of the birds were going about the cage, then one bird spotted me and side-stepped along the perch to me and began a cute chirping, like he was talking to me. Its cute friendliness really cheered me up. The other morning, I was feeding the birds in the yard, and I noticed the bird bath tray on the ground that I have, needed cleaned and refilled. A blackbird was standing just over a metre away and I expected him to fly off. He just watched as I emptied it out, then he looked at me, then at the tray, at me again. I failed to stifle a laugh any longer when he hurried to the clean water. I love when wild animals and birds trust me.

I love those birds! A good few years ago, on my way home from work, I was feeling depressed and spotted a large cage of them in a pet shop. I went in to look at them and all of the birds were going about the cage, then one bird spotted me and side-stepped along the perch to me and began a cute chirping, like he was talking to me. Its cute friendliness really cheered me up. The other morning, I was feeding the birds in the yard, and I noticed the bird bath tray on the ground that I have, needed cleaned and refilled. A blackbird was standing just over a metre away and I expected him to fly off. He just watched as I emptied it out, then he looked at me, then at the tray, at me again. I failed to stifle a laugh any longer when he hurried to the clean water. I love when wild animals and birds trust me.

Yeah, it's cool to have feel a closeness or kinship with wild animals like that. I've had many instances like that over the years. Thanks for sharing. :)

This has given me an idea! I wonder how many people would contribute to a fence fund for the edges of the earth, to prevent such a terrible acident?

We need to build a great, big, beautiful wall!...Oops! Sorry AK rules! :oops: Couldn't resist! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom