It's working! Thank you everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just sitting here like 'Why haven't they torn apart our new member that is so enamored with amateur open baffle zenith amazings Nick for using some potentially criminal investor dude for his avatar?'.

My avatar should help you understand why I am rather resistant to getting into these goofy situations with the 'socially awkward'. ;)

Last edited:
I am just sitting here like 'Why haven't they torn apart our new member that is so enamored with amateur open baffle zenith amazings Nick for using some potentially criminal investor dude for his avatar'

We'll need that in the form of a question, please.

((quote Alex T. ))

:D

I am just sitting here like 'Why haven't they torn apart our new member that is so enamored with amateur open baffle zenith amazings Nick for using some potentially criminal investor dude for his avatar?'.

My avatar should help you understand why I am rather resistant to getting into these goofy situations with the 'socially awkward'. ;)

Lol we trolled him so hard that he went out and actually fabbed up cardboard prototypes. I'd say the kid "got it". I'm pretty proud. ;)

This was so fking obvious. I called it early, with vooris and BigElCat and the others.

I am laughin so hard.

4-2-7, I do love you man, but you did fall for it :) Hard. :)

If your a troll because you tell white lies on the internet to people you don't know, this site has a whole hell of a lot of trolls.

Personally I'm pretty straight up and honest about me and my life, because I don't give a shit. However I do know some people don't want to let anyone know them online, they can be protective of who they are, what they do and what they have. I see a lot of this with men on the site, even afraid to post a photo of their gear. They will never start a thread on what they own and are working with because it leaves them vulnerable, they would rather tell lies about their experience and what they have that they really don't. I see this one all the time and when asked about their reference point and what they are working with to come to their opinion, they avoid your questions.

Now I'v see other women also try to not be totally honest online, telling white lies to be a part of, to hide who they are and so forth. I think women feel a lot more vulnerable online, and in this case here, I think MM has a valid reason why their guard needs to be up.

Actually I'm just turning the tables, as MM has been called a troll because she,he... they didn't respond right back into their thread right away. Members went on a witch hunt because there is more safety in numbers and fitting in a clique.

I'm not getting played for anything,MM posted questions and I took the time to try and help with what I know. I am however pointing out others behaviors, and the fact that if you lie online means nothing and isn't against site rules. However it is against site rules to not respect other members.

My advice at this point since @Miss Marantz seems to be the target for some members here, and has not been all that forth right for whatever reason. I would contact Ernie @luvvinvinyl (Administrator) and see what he says and can offer them. Ernie can screen them and if they are really really interested in being part of this site he can work with them on their account,name change post deletion and so forth. But at this point I think a administrator is needed to resolve the problem.

4-2-7, I do love you man, but you did fall for it :) Hard. :)
No what your seeing is I didn't fall for the witch hunt and clique mentality, I prefer to lead and have my own opinion, not so much a follower.

This goes against your crusade that you started and are going though great efforts to recruit support, this has extended to you even sending me PMs, and you posting to your profile page "Troll Hunter" three times. It also explains your constant trolling and and harassment of this member in every post they make.

And in essence Who's Trolling Who?

For a self proclaimed "Troll Hunter" I actually see you as bored and fall into the the description I made in my first quote above.

No what your seeing is I didn't fall for the witch hunt and clique mentality, I prefer to lead and have my own opinion, not so much a follower.

This goes against your crusade that you started and are going though great efforts to recruit support, this has extended to you even sending me PMs, and you posting to your profile page "Troll Hunter" three times. It also explains your constant trolling and and harassment of this member in every post they make.

For a self proclaimed "Troll Hunter" I actually see you as bored and fall into the the description I made in my first quote above.

Come on man suck it up and laugh! You are just digging in deeper. Don't let your ego get in the way. It's ok that you aren't always right. Someone else saw what you did not. Big deal. Maybe by your choice but it is what it is. It means nothing in real life. Or here for that matter.

It's just a forum about music and a bunch of dudes playing with their toys!

How do we know a self proclaimed Troll-Hunter doesn't fabricate their own sock puppets to better promote their sad sad skils ... (or is that mad skillz)?
I used to see sock puppets in many of the forums I frequented, and after a while, it just got really old, so I stopped going down that path and being paranoid all the time..

Heck, some folks thought I was a sock puppet for a while -
but enough folks here have actually met me face to face so - no worries now ;)

And my avatar is generally pix of me and mine ... no glamour, just real.

ohighway and ehoove will vouch for me! he he he!

Come on man suck it up and laugh! You are just digging in deeper. Don't let your ego get in the way. It's ok that you aren't always right. Someone else saw what you did not. Big deal. Maybe by your choice but it is what it is. It means nothing in real life. Or here for that matter.

It's just a forum about music and a bunch of dudes playing with their toys!
Yeah your right, a member joined and told some white lies, like the ones we see in ever score post and I should just follow the crowed and brand members with name calling and disrespect.

Actually nothing has been established yet or maybe never will be. I'll just sit here by myself in reality without the fog of judgment one way or another.

Yeah your right, a member joined and told some white lies, like the ones we see in ever score post and I should just follow the crowed and brand members with name calling and disrespect.

Actually nothing has been established yet or maybe never will be. I'll just sit here by myself in reality without the fog of judgment one way or another.

Ah, but you did judge one way. Just not the right one. But nobody cares really except you. And you don't really need to either. No reason for anybody to be fighting here over this.....nothing. That means the "troll" won. Don't let that happen.

I guess I should come clean as well.

I am not actually Mike Myers.
I'm honest, that is my amp, and is not swiped from the internet.

No reason for anybody to be fighting here over this
I'm not fighting, I'm making some comments as to what I see and expressing that. Then replying back to other members like yourself referencing me and trying to put me in your little judgment boxes that seem to be permeating this thread. Actually I linked the OP and Staff together so they can work out whatever needs to be, yours or my opinions mean little.

How do we know a self proclaimed Troll-Hunter doesn't fabricate their own sock puppets to better promote their sad sad skils ... (or is that mad skillz)?
I used to see sock puppets in many of the forums I frequented, and after a while, it just got really old, so I stopped going down that path and being paranoid all the time..
This I actually can see as being closer to reality..

Heck, some folks thought I was a sock puppet for a while -
but enough folks here have actually met me face to face so - no worries now ;)
Yeah, I live in reality and have members over and get together.

And my avatar is generally pix of me and mine ... no glamour, just real.
A honest member who looks at this site as a community and treats people online as they would in person. Real!!!

Its really simple for a mod to do an IP crosscheck on banned members or something of that nature.

And they aaaalways trip up. The pic was a sad ending, the troll effort before that was noteworthy!

Last edited:
Full disclosure:

← That is my cat, and an old amplifier I've owned for years.

The OP said she replaced her avatar with a picture of her kids. It wasn't her picture -- unless she's a television actress -- and the kids aren't hers unless they're Norwegian models. The speakers weren't hers when they were photographed, but might be hers now. Etc.

Individually, each might be a trivial and ignorable deceit, but collectively they're a tad odd and smell of sock-puppetry/marketeer/troll/catfishing. But we might never know the truth -- for what it's worth, and that's not very much. From here, it's all just text on a screen. Hardly worthy of any (more) attention.

Time to move on, maybe?

If that is your viewpoint of the matter, I can totally respect that. With enough experience in the interent and in forums, its simply becomes second nature. Yes, we had a private conversation. I also had one with about 20 other members, so theres that. Most where agreeing and saying "lets wait and laugh, the effort is backfiring because some members are too gullible" So theres that too.

Troll hunter? Yea, I get carried away after a victory, sorry bout that. "We are the champions" was playing too loud as well. :) I tried setting the sentence under the avator, didn't work. Where does this even show up?

My constant trolling? No. I must tell you that 98% of my posts are actually helpful or "with content". 1% is trolling e-stat, but know he knows how that is meant - I have a lot of respect for him. The other 1% is troll hunting.

If you are the leader, I will not follow. I will not lead. I will walk beside you and explain what a troll is - you know, the one you invited over to offer help.

Things like this can go both ways. Some people here have really expensive gear. Just saying - be careful who you offer invites to your home too.

Last edited:
I'm sure the moderators here have nothing to do but chase down every new member, JUST IN CASE ...! ;)
(just kidding - they are all hard working, but VOLUNTEERS)
But the point was - who CARES?? Plenty of folks post pix from the web,
of gear they don't own but pretend/wish they did,
of folks who may not really be them or their spouses, kids - and it just doesn't matter.
Maybe its amusing, maybe its not, but they are not going to be selling things they don't really own unless they are a Subscriber, and even that is no protection,
we have had longer term members collect money or gear and suddenly disappear. Sad.

Not to be paranoid - but I take everyone here with a grain of salt -
I give all of you the benefit of the doubt, but ...

you don't get to see my house and actual gear until I screen you REAL WELL ...

Full disclosure:

← That is my cat, and an old amplifier I've owned for years.

The OP said she replaced her avatar with a picture of her kids. It wasn't her picture -- unless she's a television actress -- and the kids aren't hers unless they're Norwegian models. The speakers weren't hers when they were photographed, but might be hers now. Etc.

Individually, each might be a trivial and ignorable deceit, but collectively they're a tad odd and smell of sock-puppetry/marketeer/troll/catfishing. But we might never know the truth -- for what it's worth, and that's not very much. From here, it's all just text on a screen. Hardly worthy of any (more) attention.

Time to move on, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom