I've joined your ranks

omer

AK Member
Well, I guess it was only a matter of time. I've always likes Sansui, my uncle used to have agreat rig when I was younger. Was scoping eBay recently and came across a 5050 being sold by a fine gentleman in Canada, figured I'd take a chance.

NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT!

Currently hooked up to a Marantz TT4000, and our vintage Castle Tynes. Customers love the vintage sound.

And, fun factor is WAY off the scale. :D

Yahoo! A Sansui salesperson.

As I said in the other thread, I'm about to become a S'poppa for the 2nd time (I hope) in a few days.

Paul

:D

nice,Omer,those speaks don't look too shabby either.
Note to self: gotta visit Omer, can't believe he worked down the street from me when I lived in Ottawa.

Alan

Natural Progression

Isn't this what life is all about.

Young man grows up, starts a family, starts a career and then he becomes complete - a Solid State Sansui. :D

Be careful omer how you play that 5050 customers will begin demanding vintage receivers.;)

Re: Natural Progression

Originally posted by bigmacc
Isn't this what life is all about.

Young man grows up, starts a family, starts a career and then he becomes complete - a Solid State Sansui. :D

Be careful omer how you play that 5050 customers will begin demanding vintage receivers.;)

Hey Macc,wouldn't that be funny.
Customer: No Mr.Humayun I want a 5050,not that Jolida hybrid.

Omer: ok let me check EBay

Last edited:
:lmao:

That's probably what going to happen.....

Paul, congrats on the new arrival!

Al, the speaks are Castle Tynes (1984) sitting on OZ stands. The Castles have been refinished in maple with a hand rubbed finish,work done by the same people who will be building the cabinets for Unity speakers.

Macc, yep, you pegged 'er. Still more involving listening to the Cary set-up, but hey, a $20k system is supposed to sound good. ;)

I was playing Heatwave, track one from Holly Cole/Shade yesterday after some customers left. It was downright spooky how real it was.

Shake 'n bake night willbe when you're in town! :bigok:

"please help me stop"

Easy. Just send everything Sansui that you buy to me. Pretty soon , you will stop! :p:

hope bigmacc doesn't mind me chiming in here!

"Heatwave" the ones that did Always and Forever? I rate that highly as far as mushy love songs go.

cheers
Jack

Last edited:
I'm starting to hanker after a Sansui TT like the one I got from a friend many years ago. Used to use it with my bedroom SX-450 in my mid teen years. About wore Weather Report's "Heavy Weather" out on that TT.... :)

I'm officially a Sansui owner now...the 6060 is staying. When my wife saw me playing my P-bass through its mic input along with Bob Dylan while lying on the bed, she insisted that I keep it, so it's the bedroom amp now. Gonna order some new vinyl from PE for her...she's a purty little tank of a receiver. I bet the dark cherry they have would look schweeeet. :D

TP, enjoying his first Sansui Rx

Back
Top Bottom