J. Geils passed away today

They were a great party band for many years before Love Stinks and Centerfold made them well known.
RIP J. Geils

I still have my red Bloodshot Album. Saw them in concert in 1982. played a bunch of their stuff as a nightclub DJ too. RIP Mr. Geils.

Really liked the early J. Geils Band albums ... Blues Rock. The band was best known for their latter pop rock hits period ... but to me ... the early albums were there best work. Absolutely superb sounding Vinyl that I scored during the dollar bin days.

Requiescat in pace

Last edited:
Very sad to hear this.

In my youth I loved seeing them live. They always put on a great party show!!!

That sucks and I guess why someone just posted a JG album in the What are you Listening to thread.

That was me. I must have had a premonition or something. I had not heard of his death till just now. Crazy thing is , I hadn`t played a J. Geils album in a long time, just decided to put it on this afternoon.

Yah...

I remember watching his videos on Nightflight when he first came out before MTV.... That's too bad RIP ! What can I say, I was in my twenties and the eighties were a blast. I still have all those multiple artists records from that time period. Sixties, seventies, eighties.....it's all good !

The first time I saw J Giles was at the good old commack arena on L I NY around 1970.John was so drunk his playing was all over the place even doing leads to wrong songs. the rest of the band was getting pretty upset.It was really funny watching this go on. they played here about once every month or two for a couple of yrs Saw them almost every time. They are one of the best and most fun live shows,I've seen and I have seen over 1,000 concerts. I saw them three yrs ago at the NY state fair. they are still going at it. if you can see them I would highly recomend you do

While I've always preferred their earlier material,they certainly evolved with the times. Sad news,RIP Mr.G.

Back in my ''bar-band'' days,Whammer Jammer was always on the setlist. We had a great version that melded this song and the Woodstock version of Ten Years After's ''I'm going Home''. I know I have a copy of this on a 10'' RTR somewhere........

Back
Top Bottom