Jailtime's System

Jailtime

Standin' on a corner
Fine, I'll settle for the bronze. :D

Digital Source ~ ASUS M51 Laptop
Vinyl Source ~ Dual 1216 w/stock arm
Cartridge ~ Shure M75D

System 1

Receiver ~ Fisher 800C , restored by sloober. EH7591 outputs, Telefunken 12AX7 phono and line stage. Russian PIO coupling caps
Speakers ~ Pioneer CS77A
Interconnects ~ Dayton RCAs
Speaker Cables ~ 16 ga. lamp cord

System 2

Preamp ~ Soundcraftsmen SP4002
Amplifier ~ Soundcraftsmen MA5002
Tuner ~ Magnum Dynalab FT-101
Speakers ~ Dahlquist DQ-10, factory mirror imaged
Speaker Stands ~ DIY sand filled
Interconnects ~ Avanti Audio RCA
Speaker Cables ~ Avanti Audio w/bananas

Tunes ~ Classic Rock, Folk, Blues, Country (back when it was good)

Hit the links for more pictures! And some ramblings about the gear too.

Last edited:
Glad to see you put those Tele 12AX7's to good use. :thmbsp:

Can't think of a much better place for Fisher labeled Telefunkens! :D

How's that Magnum Dynalab tuner?

I bought it from an AKer who had it aligned recently, so it's up to spec. It's a nice looker for sure, well built too. Quite simplistic inside. I'm just running a simple dipole with it right now, and my setup is in the basement. It sounds outstanding, really sensitive. This area isn't an RF jungle, so I can't say much about the 101s ability to pick out a weak station next to a strong one. The bass presentation is much better than other tuners I've heard. On a good station, it can sound about as good as my FLAC files.

Can't wait to hear it all in the new space.

Yeah, I'll get a meet together sometime soon. Gotta get the amp up to spec, do a little work in the pre. I have some new Avanti Audio cables coming in too.

Dammit, I told you I don't have a pic that reflects reality at the moment! :D I'll get some tomorrow of the mess that my system is.

OK, you wanted pictures, you got 'em. Soon, I'll post links to better pics of each piece of gear up in my first post.

First one is a nice fuzzy low light pic. That's how it usually looks down here. I hate bright lights. The MD tuner and Fisher 800C are lit up in the pic. Running with the Pioneer speakers.

attachment.php

Second pic, yeah, notice the MA5002 nude. It's getting close to taking its place in the system with the DQ-10s.

attachment.php

Third pic, notice the can flavored Blue Moon beer. Not my purchase. :no: Also note the stuffed possum. This is the Possum Lodge after all. I think it's pretty evident that this is the basement of a bachelor. :D I don't know why my camera made it look like I was standing on a box.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 860
Nice!

More people should have stuffed possums. They're one of the best room tweaks, after a live cat.

Fine, I'll settle for the bronze. :D
I killed my original "placeholder" thread, so you've gone silver! :thmbsp:

Nice!

More people should have stuffed possums. They're one of the best room tweaks, after a live cat.

I find that the possum really enhances the bass from the Pioneer speakers. I'm sure you've read all that drivel about weak bass from the CS series. All it takes is a possum to remedy that. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot these. I must have too much gear.

I also have 511B horns for these. Someday, I need to build some large, heavy boxes. The boxes will be housing AE Lambda TD15X drivers.

attachment.php

Those Dahlquist speakers look very nice!

They are a nice sounding speaker, I've had a few friends over that liked them quite a bit. I refinished the oak sides of the grilles on mine, and added some of thedelihaus' badges. I'd still like to recap them and run some new wire to all the drivers.

Some new stands are in order for them too. The current ones are 2" PVC and pine. I spiked 'em with inserts and field tips for an aluminum arrow. Something involving lots of oak and aluminum is up next. With some nice conical spikes.

Back
Top Bottom