Jailtime's System

Big changes in the setup. The 800C system was my main in the OP. Not anymore. I (with the help of Jon_Logan) finished up my Soundcraftsmen 5002. So here's the new stack.

I'll just say that the 5002 was worth the wait. 340WPC behind the DQs really makes them sing.

attachment.php

Here's a shot of the whole setup. My Marantz 2235B, restored by catrafter, is paired with the EPI 100s. Right under the Marantz is a little EL84 Soundcraftsmen 9530. Only one I've seen. A Fisher 400 and 800C finish up that side of the rack.

My Dual 1216 with Avanti Audio IC and Boston Audio Tuneblocks is above the Soundcraftsmen/Magnum Dynalab stack.

attachment.php

Room pic. Coming soon is an Expedit to store the vinyl in.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 434
Kyle - I am so glad you got that Soundcraftsman up and running. Your set up looks awesome! The price was perfect on that beast and it challenged my packaging skills!! LOL! The wife thought I was nutz spending all that time for someone I didn't know. Now she gets it when I come home with something that was gifted to me. She couldn't get over how generous JohnVF was to me when her and went down there.

Got those DQ-10' running yet?

Absolutely. That's what is paired with the Soundcraftsmen gear. Avanti Audio cables, from our own MikeCh, are the link between the DQs and the 5002.

I refoamed the DQs a while back, still need to recap them and maybe run some new wire. But they sound very nice with the Soundcraftsmen and Mike's cables.

Beautiful setup Kyle! I bet those DQ-10's are a different animal with that much juice getting fed to them :yes:

Kyle - I am so glad you got that Soundcraftsman up and running. Your set up looks awesome! The price was perfect on that beast and it challenged my packaging skills!

Good thing the price was right on it, 'cause I put over 300 into it to get it running.

Beautiful setup Kyle! I bet those DQ-10's are a different animal with that much juice getting fed to them :yes:

Thanks Mike! Yeah, I thought I had it good when I had the Kenwood 9100 on them (I really liked that Kenny, BTW). This 5002 has the Vari Portional Class H design that kicks a high voltage rail in above 120WPC. I got those lamps blinking ever so slightly, and it was enough to back you out of the room.

But I need to preserve my hearing so I can learn to play that bass leaning on the Dahlquist! Can't say I'll be seeing the little green lamps flickering too often. But it's nice to have the power. :D

I'm pretty happy with my SS system, with the Avanti cables throughout. Next up is the Altec/Lambda project for the tubes.

I think that, to coincide with the upgrade to the Soundcraftsmen gear, you need to augment your stuffed possum with a platypus. The unique shape and texture of the platypus' bill and tail will smooth out midrange response anomalies in your room.

I was thinking that the possum was more suited to the Fisher sound. This does call for some experimentation.

Back
Top Bottom