Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Nixxuz, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Nixxuz

Nixxuz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well, I hope for the best. The only caveat I'd throw out is the possible need for a DSP of some sort, as these guys can tear your face off given the right source. I wouldn't know what to call it, but they can project like...well, nothing I've heard. Its not shrill like Klipschs tend to be...just the ability to REALLY put out mids and highs when the source might have been recorded expecting less clarity. I prefer fairly forward speakers, but still have to adjust things. But only when the actual SOURCE is forward. Some recordings are perfect, and have been very good through other speakers, but some are a little over the top. You'll see what I mean.

awillia6 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

I'm an Audyssey fanatic, so I no longer have fear of unruly speakers. The right software can almost always beat the wrong hardware into submission (the programmer's mantra).

3. opnly bafld

opnly bafld AK Subscriber Subscriber

Klipsch bought Jamo in 2005; this line of speakers came out in 2014.

4. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Wednesday night (12/20): no update as to shipping status and no tracking number generated. (Ordered Friday 12/15, Delivery Thursday 12/21)

5. Nixxuz

You might want to call Amazon if there's no info yet and it's due tomorrow.

6. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Thursday night (12/21) after 8pm: FINALLY, an update! Still no tracking number and shipping status is still nonexistent, but something has changed! From Expected Delivery Thursday (12/21) by 8pm to "Your package WAS expected to be delivered today."

Ruh-roh...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017

7. lico

lico Super Member

As a fan of great Amazon speaker deals, I seriously hope you get this one!

8. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Today (Friday 12/22), I got Amazon's generic "Go away, we're busy" message that delivery will be NEXT Friday, 12/29. Sure it will. Still not a peep from the vendor.

9. Nixxuz

Any updates on shipping?

10. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Been in contact with someone on eBay selling 5 pairs of the gloss white he purchased through that sale so it should be legit.

11. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Wed (12/27): No change in status, no tracking number, delivery still (re)scheduled for Friday 12/29/17. Oh, and my pair were ordered in the walnut veneer, not the gloss white (which I didn't see and wouldn't have taken if they were free).

parman likes this.

12. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

He's selling them for $699, I wouldn't mind having them for $129 for a quick turn around, also not a fan of the white.

13. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

No, he's ASKING $699 for them. What he's SELLING them for is an entirely different matter unknown to either of us.

14. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Of couse, but even at that price it's below Amazon's standard pricing so I wouldn't think it should be too difficult to at least double his money. I wouldn't mind having a few dozen lol.

awillia6 likes this.
  15. Nixxuz

Hmm, the lowest price I now see on Amazon for the C-10's I picked up is $370. The gloss black are still sitting at $229 from the original seller.

So wait...there is someone on eBay that's asking to buy the C103's? Or a person could just probably sell them for that much?

16. opnly bafld

Delivery date changed from 12/29 to 1/5 - 1/10 :thumbsdown:

17. parman

parman Retiree Subscriber

where were they suppose to ship from?

18. opnly bafld

Don't recall exactly where, but normally 2-3 days to ship; made purchase on the 15th.

I just cancelled the order.

19. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

2nd missed delivery date was today (Friday 12/29). 1st missed date was Thurs 12/21, speakers originally ordered Friday 12/15. Indicated to Amazon that I still want the speakers. Delivery rescheduled to Thursday, Jan 4, 2018. Sure, sure...

20. Nixxuz

Sorry all. I ordered the C-10s and they came just as scheduled, from the same seller. I would have thought they would give Amazon an exact number that they had and keep up with shipping. I've had a couple things slip from Amazon over the holiday week, but not that bad.

awillia6 likes this.