Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Nixxuz, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Nixxuz

Nixxuz AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm sure you'll like them. I can't bitch too much as I still have the C-10's, so it's not as though I'm any worse off than I was.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Thanks, they look nice, I really would like a pair of the walnut C109's for the main system as possible replacements for a pair of Heresys, I have more than one. I have a really nice pair of gloss black speakers in my music rm that are going no where, so most likely will put these up on eBay.

20180213_171140.jpg

rdperry, Art K. and awillia6 like this.
  3. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Well, my lady really likes the look of these, they may be replacing the Klipsch anyway. Going to hook them up and give them a spin, will need some time for break-in before final conclusion, will post listening impressions after.

4. Art K.

Art K. The Voodoo You Do! Subscriber

Such is life.
    Nice!

5. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

So far I'm liking what I here. They're paired with a set of Dayton Sub 1200's and seem to integrate well, still would like to have a pair of its larger siblings and try without the subs.

6. Nixxuz

So here's an interesting update...
    My C109s are in my town and scheduled for delivery today. Amazon called UPS and confirmed they are there and I'll be getting them probably today. They showed up in my town at 7am.
    Amazon already refunded my card. I though it was a done deal, then I get an email this morning from UPS saying they will need a signature.

What. The. Hell.

7. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Free speakers?

8. Nixxuz

Nah. I COULD jus get them and not have Amazon charge me again, but I'd rather not screw over a company that's really quite good about CS. They've usually done everything in their power to make things right. Seems this time was more on UPS than anyone else since they never updated their info.

9. Nixxuz

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    mstrane21 likes this.
  10. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

C-10 Center in Gloss Black is up from Advanced Sound Design. Only 8 units left at $169 with free shipping (for Prime members). Enjoy!

11. Nixxuz

Damn, I've already got 2 C-10s in walnut.

12. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

For L/R duty? Do the C-10s stand on end or do you have them MTM'd horizontally?

13. Nixxuz

MTM'd on end. Now they are just kind of sitting there as I break in the new towers.

awillia6 likes this.
  14. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Only 4 of those C-10 Centers in Gloss Black left for sale by ASD for $169 as of 6pm EST Wednesday Feb 14.

15. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Strange; hour and a half later and the inventory of C-10 Centers went up by 12 to 16. New skid come in, or are these Amazon/ASD inventory games?

16. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

And New Gloss White C-10 Centers on third-party seller pages at $149 with free shipping for Prime members.

Can those lovely pairs of brand new Walnut Veneer C-103 (BIG) bookshelves for cheap be far behind? This antsy once-spurned Jamo buyer earnestly hopes not, still got my Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket...

17. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Ya, I'm watching for the C109 in walnut.

awillia6 likes this.
  18. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

Those Gloss Black C-10 Centers are getting whittled down—only 6 left as of 4:30pm EST. Be interesting to see if ASD adds more inventory to the center sale, lets it run out, or switches to a fire sale on another Jamo speaker model.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  19. Nixxuz

$169 isn't as low as they have been, but it's still a fire sale by most standards. They normally go for around $750 when not on sale.

20. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

I'm up for nice set of the Walnut C-103 bookshelves for a (large) bedroom 2-channel system. Just missed out last time around, but got $15 Amazon credit for my trouble.