jaymanaa / Urizen's Amp Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickenheads rule. :smoke:

buckethead.jpg

After reading this thread and seeing that fecking Amp....were it it anyone else I would hate you both....:drool:

Hey Celt, how much do you have to love a guy before you go through a couple 100 NOS AB Carbon Comps to find a couple matching pairs (hot or cold). Heck, I don't even do this stuff for my amps. I'm too good to this Johny Reb.:D

Last edited:
Where in the hell is Micah these days? I sure as hell hope we didn't lose another exceptional mind here at AK. They sure are hard to come by.:smoke: Cough

Here's a pic of the SS delay timer that will keep the high tension turned off (through a relay) untill the bias voltage gets plenty of time to build and the tubes get snuggy warm. I had originally tried a similar timer with an adjustment dial on the front, but I couldn't get consistant control from it.:thumbsdn: This one is off an Industrial Trane Chiller and uses a resistor to set the timing. I found that 33k gave me right at 12 seconds.:yes: The second pic sort of shows how complex this rascal is. More complex=more frustration and tweaking to get just right.:smoke: Cough

Last edited:
What was was the final scheme you went with? I just went back through a boat load of pages, can't find anything but Keggers. I forgot this was that huge PIG of power iron.:D

She's definately a heavy weight. The circuit started off as one in the Acrosound TX catalogue I beleive, but morphed in my pea sized brain. Trouble is. I seldom draw anything out.:no:

We don't need no stinkin' schematic!

A copy of Setting Tube Amp Bias For Dummies might be helpful, tho'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom