Jazz Fusion Playlist

Here's a quick list of pro musicians we've lost in the last 14 months, may have missed someone; if so, post onto list. List in no particular order. Think maybe missed some rock vocalists, but Mouzon is mainly the fusion one here on list.

Alphonse Mouzon, John Wetton, Greg Lake, Keith Emerson, Prince, David Bowie, Leon Russell, Mose Allison, Nick Menza, Leonard Cohen, Rod Temperton, Frank Sinatra Jr, Vanity, Maurice White, Paul Kantner, Glenn Frey, and Dale Griffin. Not to forget Chris Squire just before these.

Couple more surprised to see go in 2016 or slipped my mind to list -

Butch Trucks, James Jamerson, Al Jarreau, Billy Paul, Bernie Worrell, Pete Fountain, Remo Belli, and George Martin.

These were listed at the end of the Grammy Award TV show on Sunday night, along with most of the others. The show lists them1 year to date, so if passed in January or early February, names appeared on the previous year's end of show memoriam. A lot of greats lost in the last 2 years, 2015 & 2016.

Remo especially supported fusion artists & all others with his product developments.

clic to expand reading, I linked the reply wrong.

Weather Report - Mr. Gone
index.php

Tim Ries - The Rolling Stones Project

upload_2017-2-14_10-43-31.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

First post in this thread. Probably because I am just not smart enough to discriminate between Jazz and (Jazz) Fusion. I posted a lot of albums listed here in the Jazz Playlist in the last years...

Great thread! Keep on keepin' on, folks! :thumbsup:

That is indeed sad news of Larry Coryell's passing. He played right up to the night before and also had a summer tour planned with reforming the 11th House, as confirmed in the news, which would again have been legendary.

Always felt there were 5 Original Fusion SuperGroups, in no particular order - Tony William's Lifetime, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return To Forever, Weather Report and Larry Coryell's Eleventh House.

My 2 fave LC albums are both 11th House - Introducing, and Level One. Time to hear some sides in memorium and ultimate respect.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

upload_2017-2-21_12-16-42.png
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Michael Franks - Objects of Desire

upload_2017-2-22_15-6-45.png