Oregon - Crossing

Oregon - Crossing.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

I got to see Weather Report, Return to Forever twice, and Herbie Hancock all in the mid to late '70's. All put on absolutely great shows. Herbie played for nearly 3 hours after Miles Davis never showed. My favorites albums from them were all from that timeframe. Also liked Return to Forever when they had Flora Purim and Airto Morieata (sp?).

Acoustic Alchemy - Roseland

Acoustic Alchemy - Roseland.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Ralph Towner ~ Solstice

ECM, 1975

Ralph%20Towner%20Solstice.jpg

Ralph%20Towner%20Solstice%202_1.jpg

I got to see Weather Report, Return to Forever twice, and Herbie Hancock all in the mid to late '70's. All put on absolutely great shows. Herbie played for nearly 3 hours after Miles Davis never showed. My favorites albums from them were all from that timeframe. Also liked Return to Forever when they had Flora Purim and Airto Morieata (sp?).

Since you're from Wisconsin and saw the 70's shows did you catch the Weather Report/RTF double bill tour in '76? I caught that show at the Arie Crown Theatre, Chicago. RTF with the "Romantic Warrior" lp and WR with "Black Market", mind blown!!

Cactus Bob,

No, I didn't catch that one, the Weather Report/RTF double bill. That would have been a fusion overload for sure. My buddies and I always said of Chick Corea why play one note when you can fit in 10.

Back
Top Bottom